• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS...what have you ordered?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
That's what I keep telling him! :roflmao: He chews a little at a time. I told him it's okay, I know he's a macaw. I keep hoping someday he'll find his beak.

I questioned the confetti toy when you bought it but now I see why. ;) That one will be a good judge on what he will chew and what he likes. Let me know how he does with it and we can get him chewing... or untying, preening... something that silly macaw. Maui likes preening and making spit balls so I understand.

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I questioned the confetti toy when you bought it but now I see why. ;) That one will be a good judge on what he will chew and what he likes. Let me know how he does with it and we can get him chewing... or untying, preening... something that silly macaw. Maui likes preening and making spit balls so I understand.

Oh thank you!! That'd be great!! :D He likes the softer stuff usually, it's in part why I've got him smaller toys in the past because he does love balsa, it's one of the few woods he will consistently chew pine is hit or miss depending on the day. He's funny about the toys he likes, he'll ignore something completely for a few rotations and then suddenly, he'll have either shredded it completely, dunked it in his water, or torn up half of it. As you said, silly macaw. :)

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I got my Kazoo order today! Lots of goodies for the crew. Angel helped himself to some Papaya right off!
20190501_194408_kindlephoto-191581893.jpg

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
@EkkieLu - Angel's feathers are so beautiful! It looks like he's really enjoying that Papaya!
thanks Steph! Strange thing is he hates being misted, won't go near the shower, flips out if I get him near a sink, and won't bath on his own. I've offered a dozen different bathing bowls but he won't go anywhere near them!

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
thanks Steph! Strange thing is he hates being misted, won't go near the shower, flips out if I get him near a sink, and won't bath on his own. I've offered a dozen different bathing bowls but he won't go anywhere near them!
Really? I never would have guessed. Tibs is new so I don't blame him about being iffy about bathing - Sam? All I need to do is vacuum and he's in his bath bowl :D a lot of birds on here seem to be triggered to bath by vacuuming, do you think that might work with Angel?

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Really? I never would have guessed. Tibs is new so I don't blame him about being iffy about bathing - Sam? All I need to do is vacuum and he's in his bath bowl :D a lot of birds on here seem to be triggered to bath by vacuuming, do you think that might work with Angel?
Lol! That's how I get Sergei, Lucy, and Newt to bathe! I put pans of water out for each of them and they run right over to it as soon as I turn the vacuum on! Angel just yells Shut Up at the vacuum cleanerl

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Lol! That's how I get Sergei, Lucy, and Newt to bathe! I put pans of water out for each of them and they run right over to it as soon as I turn the vacuum on! Angel just yells Shut Up at the vacuum cleanerl
:rofl: He's such a character!

Davi

Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
:coffeescreen: My crimson-bellied conure always wants to kill & destroy the vacuum cleaner! but he also does love his baths in the bathtub :lol: he looks so tiny in it, but loves it

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I love the product tags too! Where/How do you get them, @Macawnutz . So far, I've been printing and cutting my own (which is fine by me, but takes time!).

I have a friend that does all my stationary, she makes me punch the holes though. Lol