1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Swollen chest?

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by Pamela Jackson, 12/5/17.

1. Pamela Jackson

Pamela Jackson Checking out the neighborhood

My Mccaw's chest is puffed way out. Is something wrong. We have had him 8 years and never seen this.

2. CrazyBirdChick

CrazyBirdChick Rollerblading along the road

Diane
    This is an old thread and your question may not be noticed as easily as if you were to start your own .
    Try posting here Bird Emergency Highway 911 | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

I hope your bird will he ok!!

3. Macawnutz

Macawnutz Seriously Nutz! Super Administrator AA Advertising Exec Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sarah

Pamela, can you give us more detail or pictures? It sounds like a vet trip is in order.

CrazyBirdChick and DQTimnehs like this.
  4. JLcribber

JLcribber Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

John
    Did you just feed him?

5. Chantilly Lace

Chantilly Lace Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Chantel
    If a bird is fluffed up, it is usually a pretty bad sign. I would bring him to an avian vet. Sometimes though, the crop is very full after a large meal. Can you touch it, and feel pellets and stuff in the crop?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)