• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sweetest behavior

Cosmo

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Aubrey
So earlier this week I was feeling pretty down. I let Cosmo (my male blue and gold macaw) out of his cage to explore and possibly train if he were interested. He was in a more curious mood and wasn't all that interested in playing with me which was all good. I was laying on the couch just thinking and such, I really wasn't in the best of moods. Meanwhile, Cosmo is flying, running and just having a great time. He flew on top of his cage and then flew straight on me without me even asking. Then he proceeded to preen my shirt while talking very softly to me. I sat up and gave him a good pet and lots of kisses. It was just what I needed and it was like he knew I want feeling good....

How bout you guys. Any sweet moments you've shared with your babies?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Twitter09

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ron
My Rosy Bourke Parakeet "Twitter" did something cute like that with me a few weeks ago. I let her and my other keets out of their cages to fly and then I went to my office another part of the house. I think she expected some quality time from me and maybe missed it when I left her. So I got into my work, not thinking about her. But she missed me apparently and flew through several rooms and eventually found me and landed on my shoulder. It was nothing that special but it kind of touched me, that she looked for me, in another part of the house. It's always neat when a fully flighted bird flies to you without you asking them!

Last edited:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I have a lot of sweet memories like this with Eloy, and someday when it doesn't hurt so much I will share them again.

My new little girl Eliy reminds me a lot of Eloy and she is often flying to my shoulder gently bite my ears, demanding some interaction. (Eloy was doing the same)
I like that, and I got happy and smiling when she does that. I say to her: Do you really think I like when you bite my ear, and what have they ever done to you? That is a very strange way showing your love to me, and then I laugh. :D
Eloy did always bite my ears too, so sometimes I begin to cry because it felt that is him that is on my shoulder and not Eliy.

It was just what I needed and it was like he knew I want feeling good....
They knew, they always do! ♥