• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sweet Turquoise Conure (Houston)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpellCastor

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Castor
I am crying as I write this post. My heart is heavy and I truly wish there was some other way to go about this.

A little under two months ago I brought home my baby girl, Leviathan. I had spent years researching conures and months preparing to give one a loving place to live. From the second I brought her in, she bonded with me and I bonded to her. We are best friends. I take her everywhere. The grocery store, toy shopping, to the park...
But a family tragedy happened, one I will not delve into for the sake of privacy, and I've decided to move in with my mother in order to help her. I will be taking on two jobs, her home does not allow exotics and I do not trust the family dog enough to let him near her.

She has to go to someone that will love her as much as I do. She is so unbelievably sweet... and she craves human interaction daily, wanting only to sit on your shoulder and nuzzle up to your neck while you go about your tasks.
Leviathan will come with a hatch certificate, two harnesses, various perches, new toys, a fresh bag of food, her favorite treats and a very large cage.
You MUST have experience with birds. You MUST be home often enough to give her at the VERY LEAST 2 hours of attention. I will be picky. She means so much to me.

The rehoming fee is 200$ for everything, I would give her to a good home for free but I simply can't afford to do that at this time. The price is negotiable if you think it's not fair.

I am located in Katy, TX. It's preferred that you come to me as I will not be able to put her cage in my car.
If you can't come to me for whatever reason we will work something out.

s96kmnQ.jpg 20170428_204901.jpg

(note: the cage in the picture is from when I first got her. She has way more toys in it now.)

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm very sorry you have to rehome her. I hope someone here can take her.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I know it hurts. Suggest you post on FB because there is an active bird group in Tx. that may help. It's called Brazos Valey Bird Buddies. Some members are on this forum.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Such a beautiful baby...I hope you find a good home for her. Be careful... @Newbie GCC a sweet girl turquoise!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry that you need to rehome Leviathan. Hope you find a wonderful home for her.

SpellCastor

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Castor
Thank you all so much for the kindness and understanding. I feel horrible knowing that I'm contributing to all of the parrots that get rehomed every year. I just hope this is the best decision for her sake.
I will look Brazos Valley Bird Buddies up, thanks @Lady Jane.

baserock love

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Colin
She's very cute. If I wasn't set on an amazon or grey and already set up for one I would take her but I plan to be a single bird household. I hope you find somebody and if you do, vet the hell out of them. Be VERY picky, ask them trick questions, try to stick to people here if you can. The craigslist bird flipping cretins are keeping the birds they're trying to resell in awful conditions. Best of luck to you to. My father also had a permanent health crisis a number of years ago and I know how hard it is.

I know it hurts. Suggest you post on FB because there is an active bird group in Tx. that may help. It's called Brazos Valey Bird Buddies. Some members are on this forum.
Thanks for that. I'm in Bryan and I just requested to join.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry. Sometimes life throws us curve balls and we have to deal the best we can.

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
I am sorry you have to rehome your baby. If it will help, you can join some of the FB pages and see if there is a good home on one of those. My page is rather small, but Brazos Valley Bird Buddies. There are some other pages that may allow you to post a rehome, but please ask permission from their admins. Search Conures in the search bar on FB.

baserock love

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Colin
I am sorry you have to rehome your baby. If it will help, you can join some of the FB pages and see if there is a good home on one of those. My page is rather small, but Brazos Valley Bird Buddies. There are some other pages that may allow you to post a rehome, but please ask permission from their admins. Search Conures in the search bar on FB.
Thanks for accepting my request. I'm Colin on there.

MeganC

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
I wish you luck in finding a great home for her, I know this is hard. I wish I could offer to take her in, but 14 hours is too far. Well that and I don't think Yuki would like having another bird added. Tiki would likely not mind, but I believe Yuki would be aggressive with a new bird.

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I'm sorry you're having to go through all of that :(
I wish I could take her but I'm hours away. I wish you best of luck in finding her a home that will love her the way you do

SpellCastor

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Castor
If any of you are on other groups feel free to share this post. The move in date is coming up soon. Thank you.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Any luck yet?

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
I wish I could help as close enough, but finances not available at this time.

baserock love

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Colin
When is your move out date? I might be open to fostering her to give you more time to find a good forever home for her. I work at home and would definitely give her a ton of time out of the cage and one on one time while she's here if she would like it. It would help her out, help me out with a bit more parrot experience and keep you from having to give her to an unfit owner or bird flipper because you simply ran out of time or needed the money.

Another option is this. It's probably a lot easier to sell all your bird stuff than it is to sell it all WITH another bird. I'm working on getting my first parrot right now and conures aren't really a species i'm interested in but i'm applying for adoption at a 501c3 legit rescue about a 7 hour round trip away that if accepted would require me to make multiple visits for vetting purposes. If they would take her I could surrender her to them when i'm down there and you could sell the cage to get whatever money you need. this place would not only treat her and feed her well but all of their birds seem to get one on one rehab time and I can personally attest to the....impressive lengths they go through to find good homes for their birds.

This is all hypothetical at this point. We would need to talk. I'm trying to get an amazon that's the right fit for me and i'm in no rush. I'm about to pay the pet deposit here and I'll be able to get a bird then. Just throwing that out there.

Magisceris

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Magisceris Rose
I wish I lived closer, I'm looking for a friend for my little green cheek, Hyroo. Sadly I'm in Neenah, Wisconsin. I wish you the best of luck in finding her a home.

Andrea Arce

Sitting on the front steps
This breaks my heart. I live in Houston and would love to take her but I've already deposited $215 on a sweet IRN and can't waste the money I used on it. Just last week I became really interested in GCCs as well.. I wish you the best of luck in rehoming your baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.