• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sweet Pea goes to the bright side.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
20 hours tonight she is still doing the girly things with any thing hanging from her roof. those toys are boys according to her.

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
I really hope this light therapy works for her! It sounds like she is showing progress, at least, which is a blessing! I am continuing to wish you good luck!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I can send you some raspberry leaf honey, it's worth a try..let me know.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
God luck! I hope this continues to work :fingerscrossed:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Some Birdy laid a egg this afternoon. will keep trying though. she was really stressed out too. the egg shattered on the grate. she will get some DMG in a few minutes. she is kinda wonky. if she is not better to Dr. Tony tomorrow's volunteer session.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh no!:(

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
she is going in with me tomorrow. I called "G" tonight b/4 she left work. Sweet Pea, I think poked herself near her eye. NO Blood, but she keeping left eye closed and of course Mama can't look at it close without nip to the mama's nose. she has been too quiet tonight. but she had her first green bean from the garden and few carrot greens. she did get dose of DMG. all her toys have none pokey edges. I brought her over to visit with Bebe and she just came to me instead and wanted mama to hold her.
I can send you some raspberry leaf honey, it's worth a try..let me know.
@Birdbabe
I will PM you tomorrow after I get home and talk to DR. Tony about it.

Last edited:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
now that eye isn't seeming to bother her, it's open, she is back chirping and being herself. this is why the egg laying is bothering me so much. she gets just totally out of sorts.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
waiting for Dr. Tony to get here to the clinic. Sweet Pea wants OUT of her travel cage but too many big guys here today to do that.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Dr. Tony says she is just fine, nothing wrong with her eye. it was bright sunny day yesterday, plus a 100W light bulb blazing away above her. it just maybe was too much light. I will adjust the light when I get home to angle a little differently , see if that helps. we go to 19 hours of light tonight.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
it as quiet day at the clinic, with few minor distractions. 6 birds being boarded, a TAG:tag:, a Sun Conure :sun:, a DYH:dyh: 2 cockatiels:pearl:, :tieln: and the Monster:dyh: (Dr. Paul's bird). the TAG is new to me, as is the Sun Conure. two DYH in the same room, HOLY buckets. but both were very good at being out of their cages while I cleaned them. the TAG is in quarantine room becuz of filtration system is so much better. I made sure to give him extra scritches & treats because he is alone in there. Monster is only there because Dr. Paul and his wife are in DC for the 4th of July. they have been planning this trip for 3 years. He was so glad to see a friendly face that would hold him, spend time loving him. the DYH's, if one start the squawking and the other has to join the party. the 2 tiels are in Dr. Barb's office, for a few days. the Sun likes Nick and was cuddling Nick's neck, but would not step up for me for all $$ in the world. Nick will go in in the AM tomorrow and take care of every birdie. Plus all the normal come to work with their parronts birds were there plus Sweet Pea.
She was good girl and there is not a thing wrong with her eye, so YAY for that. I adjusted the light over Sweet Pea's cageb so it is not glaring into her eyes as much. Dr.Tony was late only becuz he had to wait for the wife to get home from grocery shopping for the clinic, at the farmer's market. But the birds will have fresh veggies and fruit for the week.
brought home a 5 gallon bucket full of toy parts and will be putting together Frankenstein toys. better get to bed while it's quiet now.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
well shoot, I was getting ready for bed, went to check on her one last time. there on her shelf is another egg. she is fine with no wobblies or wonkiness.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope that she stops laying those eggs.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
another egg at bed time that is 3 now. there is help coming from @Birdbabe. hotter then blister here too. 90+degrees plus dewpoints in the upper 60's. Yuck

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Oh Sweet Pea...please stop laying those eggs - Mom is worried about you :hug8:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Thank you to @Birdbabe for the raspberry tea. Sweet Pea got little pinch into her seed mix today. and after talking to Dr. Tony last week, she will get a pinch; thumb and pointer finger in her soft foods every morning. there has been no more eggies for a few days, she is down to about 14 hours of light and her cage 1/4 covered at night. Dr. Tony said as long as she is not laying don't change the light until she lays another egg. I caught her in my chamomile tea the other night slurping it down like 'hey this is nummy . I am growing chamomile on my deck for her, @SandraK thank you. I brought Sweet Pea a flower bud in, she tasted it and looked at me like WTH is that but ate the whole thing. Good girl little one.