• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

sweet Blue-headed Pionus for adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I am posting this for my friend, Denise. Please PM me with any initial questions or for contact info. She has asked me to help with screening potential parronts.
I will add pictures on Monday.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Jorja and she's truly a sweetheart. I developed an uncontrollable case of Pi-sniffing as her scent is intoxicating - like roses!

Denise has thought about this a lot and would like you to know:
Jorja is a Blue-headed Pionus Parrot. She is about 12 years old (Hatch Day Aug. 16, 2002). I am her original owner. Jorja is hand tamed, very sweet, doesn't bite, and loves to sit on your finger. She enjoys being petted and loves her neck scratched. She is in good health according to her last vet check in 2012. She hasn't been tested for any diseases.

I work a lot and have very little time for Jorja. She is in her cage the majority of the time. Some evenings I open her cage and let her perch outside. But she gets very little people time yet despite this she is still sweet and tame. She is in a room with a pair of lovebirds in a different cage so she is used to being around other birds although I don't know how she gets along with other birds. The lovebirds are mean and she doesn't like them. But Jorja is not mean at all so I would expect that if around other sweet birds she would be fine.

I provide Jorja with a nice home, excellent food, and toys for stimulation. But she is lacking perhaps the most important need: love and attention from her person. It is not fair to her to live her entire life in a cage with no attention. I would sincerely like to find a good loving home for Jorja. Someone who will take good physical care of her as well as provide for her emotional needs.

I live in SW Montana and would prefer to find a home for her within driving distance (up to 12 hours one way) so I could personally deliver her and meet her new person. If that is not an option I will work something out with the person who wants her. I have her large cage, travel cage, food, toys, etc. and everything will go with her.
NOTE:
I will be in the Denver area around July 19 and she could travel with me at that time.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She sounds so sweet and lovely,I hope a most wonderful home on AA is found

lilparrots4me

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
If there is any way to get her to MA - I would absolutely positively love to take her.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I hope she finds a great home! New owner might ask about noise level as pi's can be LOUD.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I hope she finds a great home! New owner might ask about noise level as pi's can be LOUD.

Jennifer- Yes, pi's are often touted as perfect for apartments but they are not mute by a long shot.
Jorja has her moments like most birds, especially when she is hormonal. I've heard her and she can't hit the volume of my Goffin, Amazons, or even my Blue Crown Conure who has quite the set of lungs.... but the pitch is different and might be harder for some people to deal with.
In general (outside of hormone craziness which is short) she is not a habitual screamer but is a mostly contented "zen" little princess.

birdle

Rollerblading along the road
aw, I live right by Denver and have been wanting a BH pi! But I was gonna wait till I moved into a house so I had a little more room :(

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I don't find Tiki's pitch to be annoying, just loud. Probably not nearly as loud as a lot of parrots but not quiet either. And not ear piercing like the Meyer's screech. She sounds like a doll! :xflove:

wonderb

Avenue Spotlight Award
Yeah I find the BHP scream to be loud but pretty tolerable compared to many parrots. However they have an alarm call that is very shrill and if they do it on your shoulder, your ears will ring. :wideyed: Just leave the room for that one. :lol:I hope she gets a great home.

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Gorgeous girl! :heart:

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
:heart: Anyone planning a drive from Denver to Boston this summer??
Lisa, I am near Denver, but Denise and Jorja are actually in Montana.
Montana is a great place to visit in the summer!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh wow,she's just gorgeous

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue