1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Surprise Babies!

Discussion in 'Canary & Finch Court' started by finchly, 5/12/19.

1. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Tanya
    I thought you might enjoy these babies. They are Lady Gouldian finches.

Last week hubby brought me the nest box (top pic). I didn’t know what I’d see when I opened it - a snake or lizard maybe? No, 5 babies!

I was shocked because I thought that pair had quit breeding. Today they fledged - but only as far as the coconut shell 4 inches from their nest! :roflmao: That’s the bottom left photo. There’s always one adventurous baby - middle photo, he’s way down on the aviary floor.

And the right photo is just some other babies eating. Sorry it’s so messy. I promise I changed the paper earlier!

AE1492A4-A4D8-4FAD-AB84-7F0925769EAF.jpeg

2. Mockinbirdiva

Mockinbirdiva Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Andrea
    Gouldians.... one of my favorite finches! I just love all the colors!!!

EkkieLu and finchly like this.
  3. EkkieLu

EkkieLu Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Tricia
    Omg! They are so sweet! Can't wait to see more pics of them growing up!!!

faislaq and finchly like this.
  4. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Congrats. They are very cute.

finchly likes this.
  5. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Tanya
    Funny thing. There are 2 slightly older babies in the flight, maybe 2 months old. They kept staring into (what I thought was) the empty nest box. Then today they were trying to get in the coconut shell with them. I’ll bet before this is all over they will help feed the babies.

I meant to color band those 2 and move them out. They don’t fit with any group.

Eloy and Mockinbirdiva like this.
  6. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    Congrats for having such adorable babies. Maybe in my next life.

Mockinbirdiva and finchly like this.
  7. rockoko

rockoko Squawk and Meow! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Martine
    Awww adorable!

finchly likes this.
  8. hrafn

hrafn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

What a precious bunch! So cute! :swoon:

finchly likes this.
  9. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

saroj
    Lovely surprise! Very cute ❤️❤️❤️

finchly likes this.
  10. taxidermynerd

taxidermynerd Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award

Bee (pronouns they/them)
    I love them!! Once at my local bird store I saw some that were blue with white faces- I thought it was the coolest thing! Never seen any like them before!

finchly likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)