• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Superly overweight boa. HUGE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
Thankyou. And 60 lb boa. Wow. Princess is not a red tail. Shes just your average W/T Colombian BCI Suri my Suriname is a true red tail. She can get pretty big. Princess does have under scale showing. And alot Her lower portion of her body bows out from under her. As well her tail is a stub. Not a tail. Kinda like this. --oooooo Those lines being the tip of the tail. Her length she should be at 30 lbs. Not 50 haha But I love oversized boas. I won't allow it. But to look at how massive they can get. Pretty impressive. I'd love to your moms boa too though. Like I said. I love to see how big boas can get.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Wow she is incredible to look at. I do know that Pythons are a no keep in FL that big without permits.

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
Anything that reaches over 6ft I belive is illegal in flordia. But idk. La county it's illegal to keep to. But o well

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I think your friends snake is healthy from the pics posted. Wanna see a fat snake's tail? Ivan is 5 years old corn snake and yes, he's over weight :lol:

Attachments

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
Thanks! But if you see up close you'll def see how fat she is. Her underscale shows dramaticly. And she's mine. I purchased a corn from my boss and traded te corn back to him for te boa. Weird. But that's how it worked. He's gonna hold on to her though until I have an enclosure set up for her size. The vet laughed at how big she was. He said he's never held a boa so hefty, or seen any boas over 40lbs at 8 feet. According to length her weight should be 30ish. But other than being super big shes healthy. Vet said when she's down to the 35-40 lb range her activity should rise.

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
That tail shot is almost exactly what princess tail looks like haha. Just imgine it being the the size of your rist. But wow. Ivan does need a diet! How often did you feed him?

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
My mom feeds him two small rats every two weeks and he acts starving. But I told her he needs only one small every two weeks. I've never seen him so fat, and he wasn't a year ago, so he must be adding this fat just in the last year. My moms big girl boa is a normal active snake, maybe because she has free range of my moms house and always has been for the last 5 years, she has lots of muscle, our exotic vet never commented on her needing to lose weight, just said she's big and very healthy. She has zero fat cells on her, she's thick and muscley. I'll have to take a new pic of her, I have none of her on this phone.

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
Small rats for a corn snake!?!? Haha. Talking about lean food. I only feed my large boids rats and bunnies. My corn eats one mouse every week until he's able to take large mice. Then It will be every 2. I feed my anaconda and Burmese ever 3 days due to such a high metabolism. Those fat burning giants are hard to keep up with.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Ivan is 6.5 ft long, a long corn snake. He can definitely do a small rat, and medium even. But having 1 small every 2 weeks is cutting his current 4 a month down to 2. If he was more active it would be different. But he isn't very active, even when handling he likes to just wrap around you and chill. What are you feeding your burm and anaconda. I know anacondas can be such finicky snakes, so finicky. What's his/her setup like?

Status
Not open for further replies.