• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sunny's thread

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
He's a beautiful bird. I'm glad he found a happy and loving home with you :heart:

Valkyria

Walking the driveway
This evening we had another first, becourse I work with so closely with people I seldom have people over to my house. I kinda had it with people by the time I reach home. Anyhow today a friend came over for dinner, and Sunny refused to go to bed. I dont cover the birds cages and normally by 7pm he has made his way to his sleeping hut. Tonight he was out until 11pm. The whole time while in cage sitting on cage side as close as he could to me either talking softly to me or sliding his beak back and forth on the cage. I took him out intermittently and when out he choose to sit really close to my neck OR climed inside my tshirt. No sign of aggression, my friend didnt interact with him. She is good like that always listens. Moment she left he climbed straight into his sleeping hut and put himself to bed. It appers he trust me and looks for my company around new people which is great :fairy2:

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
He's protecting his momma!

Valkyria

Walking the driveway
Sunny is settling in so nicely still no issues with biting. He even lets me touch his feet, whom apparently was a trigger. I dont push him just gently breefly touch his feet a few times each day, in the beginning it was no no, now he is like whatevva.:heart: Sunny lets my room mate handle him too, he doesnt do it much but as I'm working away at times it's necessary that he can handle the birds. In all he is such good fit with us. Sunny has started to throw himself on his back in my lap to get tummy scratches and playing with my fingers. IMG_5306.JPG IMG_5307.JPG

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
Better be good friends with Walgreens!! Valentine chews every t shirt I have so off to Walgreens I go to get replacements.
George chews holes in my socks so I feel your pain.

Valkyria

Walking the driveway
Fids are busy, busy bees full off sunshile and energy. All the flock are getting along; Sunny sometimes try to scare the evil twins away but they are so quick, they are seriously like 2 small green flashes flying around, Sunny doesn't have a chance, and I think he knows it. His flying is getting better, but he mainly just like to hang around on me, and with me. Still no biting issues! Bird is mainly cuddling with my room mate which is totally ok, bird has been active and talkative since Sunny moved in so thats awesome too. IMG_5381.JPG . IMG_5382.JPG IMG_5370.JPG IMG_5364.JPG

Valkyria

Walking the driveway
I just realised I haven't updated here for a long time. All is good in Sunny's world. He is now an awesome flyer and his skills keep improving. He is loving life and it's beyond me how anybody could say that he was agressive? He was a good bluffer when he moved in, he has never bitten through. He truly loves my room mate too which is great becourse he spends a lot of time out from cage playing, exploring and cuddling while I'm at work, which in effect means more time out of cage :heart: Sunny Bunny loves his cuddles. IMG_5969.JPG

Ninna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kate Pinks
It's so good to hear that things are still going well with Sunny. How lucky for both of you that you found each other! You clearly bring out the best in him and your reward is a happy, healthy, affectionate and very entertaining bird! I love your photos, your birds all look beautiful.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
What an awesome thread. I loved reading about Sunny's progress.

Valkyria

Walking the driveway
It's so good to hear that things are still going well with Sunny. How lucky for both of you that you found each other! You clearly bring out the best in him and your reward is a happy, healthy, affectionate and very entertaining bird! I love your photos, your birds all look beautiful.
Well Benji aka Big bird isn't looking too good but he shall get there with a bit of love and good nutrition. Either I must have been incredibly lucky with all the fids or I must be doing something right coz they are all very affectionate and happy :unsure1::heart:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I loved Reading all the proces you and Sunny made! You are a wonderfull parront! You taking him in was the best thing that ever to him probably:D he is really beautiful, his golden Feathers are just gorgous! I think you are not just lucky, you are defiantly doing Something right, not forcing them and stuff:rolleyes: You did a Great job forging(not forcing:rofl:) this bond with Sunny:heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Yes Sunny you are cute No matter what you are doing.