• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sun conure in need of a home - Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thistle

Checking out the neighborhood
I have a sun conure that is looking for a great home. She is around three years old, and is unsexed but acts very female. She is very sweet and loves people but can be a bit hormonal at times (not aggressive though). From what I could tell her previous owners knew barely anything about birds, and I think they were encouraging her "cuddly" behavior. It has gotten better the longer I've had her so I think that with a little work it won't be a problem. She loves showers and is generally quick to eat new foods as long as she sees you eat it first. I easily switched her from Walmart food to a mixture of TOPS and Harrison's high potency fine. She will come with everything I have for her but I do not own her cage so she will not come with that.
She is a great bird but she wants to be with me all the time, and my dog is not safe around her. I am constantly worried that something will happen and she will be hurt. I just don't have the time to balance her, my high energy dog, and college right now, and I will soon be moving on top of that. It isn't good for either of them to be stuck in a cage so much.
If interested please send me a message.
I am located in Kalamazoo Michigan and can meet in Kalamazoo or surrounding areas.

AvianCrew

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
michelle
Oh gosh, I live in California, but I would love to adopt this lil' cutie! Sadly my dad would say no, though :unsure1:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Let you dad read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.