• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Suggestions to Clarify Categories

Poppy

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Giannine
I am new here and find this place to be a wealth of wonderful information; however, I find myself getting a bit overwhelmed with all the categories...there are several that are not self-explanatory just by the name.

My suggestion is to include a brief description under all of the category titles that describe what that "room" is for. With all of them being "street names", some of them are not immediately clear and I find myself reading the name and trying to figure out what it is for. Clarification would make browsing and finding pertinent information so much simpler.

Thank you!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Which categories are you speaking about? On the main forum list page, at least on a computer, there is a brief description under each section's name.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
If you click on each forum the description is immediately under the name. If you are on a phone you will need to turn your phone and then the description will show up on the wider screen. Hope that helps

Poppy

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Giannine
If you click on each forum the description is immediately under the name. If you are on a phone you will need to turn your phone and then the description will show up on the wider screen. Hope that helps
Now that does help...I did figure out that a description shows while hovering over the names after I posted this. My next question was going to be "What about phones?" I still think it would be great for the descriptions to show without hovering a cursor over the room name. Someone above asked which rooms...there are actually several that are not immediately clear. At least not to new people who aren't familiar with the forum...thank you for your responses!

Edited to add forum/room names I couldn't immediately figure out. Some are similar to others (the room for foraging and enrichment and also the room for toys)

Comment Court
Service Road
Around the Neighborhood
Celebration Street
Shutterbug Street
The Airport
Bird Boulevard (very vague since the whole forum is about birds)
Bird Watchers Road
Healthy Highway (is this about diet or health issues?)
The Highway Home
The Zoological Park

Last edited: