• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Suggestions on rehoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I am so sorry about your mom but I am so glad you were able to be with her for such a long time. :sadhug2:

Nelson is adorable :heart:

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Webchirp, Nelson is amazingly smart. Takes him a day to learn a new word then when you ask him to "say" whatever new word he has learned he 'say' in front of the word. I was recently out of town and my daughter had to come in to change his water and food....he told her "thankyou". My other daughter came the second day, called and asked why he hated her...she said the way he looked at her like he wanted attack. Birds just know bird people....thats what I think

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I wish I could have volunteered to take Doby. Especially after we lost our female eclectus.

I would love to take Nelson. I’m concerned about the fact that he would not be out all day at my house. I wonder if that would make the biteyness worse? Mine come out from 5-9 every day

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
The more Nelson is in his cage the bitier he is. He is getting a little better the last couple weeks. He has become eager again to step up without that dreaded "glad to see you but let me bite you first" response.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Love the photo, and your description of your beautiful mother. Sounds like she was a very wise woman, and I am so sorry to hear of her passing. Though 90 years is a very long life, it is never easy to let them go. :sorrow:

I hope you will find the perfect home for your feathered babies. Don't blame you for being picky! (Selective!)

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
The more Nelson is in his cage the bitier he is. He is getting a little better the last couple weeks. He has become eager again to step up without that dreaded "glad to see you but let me bite you first" response.
I have a Galah, Fred, (in the avatar) who used to do that to my fiancee, Joe. Then I read somewhere on here that if you have an issue rather than give a "time out" for it or saying that dreaded NO word, just don't give the parrot an opportunity to bite. Fred would step up, Bob his head, go to his shoulder and bite his cheek! Always in the same spot! So I started watching his body language and I would intervene and get Fred to come to me before he bit Joe. Over time, he stopped doing that. So now I try to find ways to just not give him an opportunity if another bad habit starts. Boy they are like kids, and I find I have to be just as creative!

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I'm so sorry to read about your family situation and the recent death of your mom! :sorrow: Nelson seems like such a character and Kiwi sounds so cute with that little voice she has! They are demanding though for time, and my Fred is ok if I can't spend time with him on a day when I work, but if he knows I'm not working and he doesn't get out of cage time, I will pay for it. He ignores me for a day or two! Somehow they know! They are amazingly smart. He does require more time than I originally realized but I was able to work that out. You're smart to make sure people know what they are getting into. Lucky for the birds that you are fussy! :sadhug:

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Right Nancy, I want to make sure there are no surprises. I am open to saying what the good and the so called bad is with the both of them. There really are not many bad things, Kiwis being loud and Nelson's nippiness, thats about it.

Pipper

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Andy
Sorry about your mother and I hope your sister is comforted in her illness and can enjoy life. The doctor's managed to do that quite well for one of my brother when he had cancer. I was impressed with their help for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.