• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Suggestions on rehoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Thanks you, yes they were marvelous It was a great loss having them move.

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Here I am again, its been a while since I have posted. Mom has past, one of the greatest humans on the face of the other. She was 90 and was such a joy to all of us. She never stopped evolving. It was a profound experience spending so much time with her.
35987257_10156546310788537_3287221574398115840_n.jpg

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
I am in the process of completing Doby's adoption but have not found a good fit for Nelson and Kiwi. They are so different I think they may need to be adopted separately. I have found that I am an extremely picky person when it comes to my feathered babies. kiwi (IRN is such a little lady, is not a bitey bird but whoever takes her HAS to be able to tolerate noise. She is not an apartment bird for sure. She is not a cuddle bug and wants attention when she wants it not when you think you want it. Her new person must have bird experience. She does talk, says the usual cute IRN phrases....peekaboo, what are you doin, pretty bird....that is when SHE wants to say them not when you want her too. She is a Grey/Green 45345779_475683316172892_7618695692982157312_n.jpg

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
45437970_2223334747935341_5872359172930011136_n.jpg Nelson, GCC is one of the bitiest little guys around. He became that way towards the end while I was caring for my mom. I just did not have enough time for him and he DOES demand a whole lot of time. he can be the sweetest of the sweet, crawl into your hair and nuzzle and BAM a vampire bite on the neck. He is not as loud as Kiwi but he is not a quiet bird. I think a person with GCC experience and target training would be appreciated. My babies are very healthy and spend their days out of their cages. I only put them in at night or when I go out. Almost forgot, Nelson is extremely intelligent and is a HUGE talker. He is also a good escape artist.

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am very sorry to hear of the passing of your mother. I hope you find the time you spent with her towards the end of her life brings you some comfort. :sadhug2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry for your loss.

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Thank you.I hate not being able to edit, of course that was supposed to say "on the face of the earth". Now to do my babies justice and find them a perfect home

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I am so sorry for your loss:(
They both sound so perfect to me, I would have loved to help out if I were in America.
Very Maybe @cassiesdad ? Kiwi sounds like your type of girl:)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so sorry for your loss of your beautiful mom. It’s never easy no matter how old they are. I hope you find wonderful homes for your birds, and that your sister is doing okay.
:sadhug2:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow: That's a beautiful picture of your mother. I truly hope you'll find wonderful homes for your fids. It's good you're being picky:bluhug:

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow: That's a beautiful picture of your mother. I truly hope you'll find wonderful homes for your fids. It's good you're being picky:bluhug:
I am so proud to be her daughter, she was the best. She was sharp as a tac and one of the best read people you could find. A lot of people owe their education and careers to her...if you had a class...yes I will watch your children for years : ). I loved sitting with her watching anything and everything politics. My heart swelled with pride when my 90 year old mom responded to someone being critical of Gay rights "what is wrong with them, don't they know people are born that way". you never stop learning, even a 90 year old woman from the hills of Ky.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I'm sorry your mom has passed, but I'm glad you were able to have that time together. :sadhug:

I hope your sister is improving as much as she can improve and that your birds find their perfect homes.

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Sadly my sister will not improve, its a question of giving her comfort as long as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.