• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Suggestions on a new cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatieWeldon

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Katie
Hi I posted earlier about getting a new bird. I haven't it a new cage yet. It I've been doing a lot of research on several cages. Please give me some advice on cages that would hold an amazon or grey comfortably. I would like to only spend about $250.

Harley's Mom

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Kathy
Amos is in a A & E Extra large play top.
36"x28" Play Top Cage with 1" Bar Spacing - Play Top Cages by A&E Cage Company
I bought the tan color and LOVE it!~
I only paid $300 at a from a St Louis dealer at a bird, new in the box. I think on the web it lists for around $450.
If you visit the site above it has all the dimensions on the size. This is what several people advised me was the minimum size for my yna.
I'll be buying another just like it for my new Zon.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I have Boogie (CAG) in a 36 x 28 Victorian top and Bobo (BE2) in a 40 x 30 playtop, both of mine are HQ and I am pleased with them

I got them at a local pet store on sale but they were for around $350ish each

you might check Craigslist for second hand cages - as long as they are rust free, you can clean them and they should be fine

I had to have a cage in a hurry with Boogie and never found one on the CL here for Bobo or I would have gone that route :)

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Last edited:

KatieWeldon

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Katie
How do you get it tested? The only one I found on craigslist so far was a nice huge cage but when I called she said she had kept it outside and it had rust so I decided to pass it up.

patagonian

Hit the Road
Go to PETCO.COM and look at the marvelous bungalow cage 239 with shipping included have the cage my self and love it!! I disagree you can find a very decent sized cage marvelous bungalow style that is very affordable. the dimensions are 36 x28 x 70

chad

Last edited:

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
You can google lead and zinc testing. There are labs that test the paint for it. You would just have to scrape some paint off of the bottom of the tray and send it in.

KatieWeldon

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Katie
Yea I have been looking at those. I liked the gable xl too. Why kind of bird do you have in it?

patagonian

Hit the Road
I have my patagonian conure in it and will be having by queen of bavaria in another one...patagonian loves it......they really aren't that much smaller than a grey in reality..I"m very happy with the cage and I think they are so much better than over priced prevue hendrix cages I"ve used in the past the gable xl is nice too...but it doens't have the top that opens my patty loves to sit way up high on the top.....and the bungalow is slightly bigger...my friend has a marvleous bungalow for her lilac crowned amazon and it works just fine.....

Last edited:

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Detail
Just saw that this cage is a pretty good deal.

patagonian

Hit the Road
Katie I dont think you would be disappointed in the cage at all...but the problem is they run out of stock really quick at petco.com you have to get to the site at just the right time

Last edited:

KatieWeldon

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Katie
Yes I have been looking at the petco cage too. I really like it, the only thing I don't like is that it's a square. The way the room is laid out I really wanted a long cage.

patagonian

Hit the Road
that's a nice roomey cage allison showed..but to me it's not that AESTHETICALLY APPEALING

patagonian

Hit the Road
Wouldn't the manufacturer have to tell you about zinc content etc

luvsgreys

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
I like the Mink one from Petco as well, seems like a nice cage for a medium sized bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.