• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Suggestion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've been thinking this for a while, but after a member had her video stolen (sorry can't remember who it was) I think making the Feathered Photo Fairway viewable to members only might be a good idea.

What do you all think?

Brooke

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Brooke
It was Vamstoro (sp) sorry I can't remember your real name!! :o:

But I think it would be a good idea considering a lot of people read books to look at pictures :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
sounds like a great idea..but the only problem is that sometimes members post in the various avenues too

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
sounds like a great idea..but the only problem is that sometimes members post in the various avenues too
True, but at least this one area with a huge concentration of pictures and videos can remain more private.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just turned off the ability for guests to see thumbnails, which blocks them from viewing images uploaded as attachments (that affects every section). Unfortunately that won't keep them from viewing linked images like photobucket (which are typically public anyway I would guess). The bad thing is you have to actually log in to get your fix now :lol:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
That is a good idea.

You can put your Photobucket albums on private, too. Jill, do you mean you need to log into YT to see videos posted? Or log into Avian Avenue? (still half asleep, lol)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
No problem, thanks for confirming. :)

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
My photobucket is private, and my YouTube unlisted...I also only post here. Soooo....I would guess it happened by someome viewing here. Especially the video as I never post them elsewhere...sometimes I do pics, but never videos.

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does that mean that you can't add it to the member only area? I'm confused :huh::D

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Don't forget, if a video has been uploaded to YouTube then it can be seen from there. Videos can be found through web searches. All I can say if people do not want their stuff stolen then it is best to not upload it anywhere on the web. On YouTube, you can set your videos to be private then invite certain people to see it, I doubt those private videos can be found through web searches.

AmberMuffinz

Avenue Veteran
My photobucket is private too but I do post pics here (obviously.)

I'm also confused. Why can't you make it a member only thing like some other parts of the forum are?

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Don't forget, if a video has been uploaded to YouTube then it can be seen from there. Videos can be found through web searches. All I can say if people do not want their stuff stolen then it is best to not upload it anywhere on the web. On YouTube, you can set your videos to be private then invite certain people to see it, I doubt those private videos can be found through web searches.
Jan, the video that was stolen was private, that's one of the reasons I made the suggestion.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Does that mean that you can't add it to the member only area? I'm confused :huh::D
I can, just a little more involved as I have to take the old links out of the sitemaps and tweak a few other settings so it doesn't mess things up when the site is indexed by spiders (like google). So I will change it but might be another few days till I can get things set up correctly :)

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

I can, just a little more involved as I have to take the old links out of the sitemaps and tweak a few other settings so it doesn't mess things up when the site is indexed by spiders (like google). So I will change it but might be another few days till I can get things set up correctly :)
Wonderful, feel free to kick my hiney for giving you extra work :D

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan

Jan, the video that was stolen was private, that's one of the reasons I made the suggestion.
Then it was by someone you knew who stole it?

I think hiding all the images and videos only do so much because all it takes is a member from here to copy it and post it else where even if the person is merely just trying to show it to others like on another forum. Most people do not even get images from an actual website, they can be found through the Google images. It is an iffy thing, that's for sure!

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Then it was by someone you knew who stole it?

I think hiding all the images and videos only do so much because all it takes is a member from here to copy it and post it else where even if the person is merely just trying to show it to others like on another forum. Most people do not even get images from an actual website, they can be found through the Google images. It is an iffy thing, that's for sure!
The video was another members not mine. While I agree that it could still be done, it's a deterrent for random net trolls.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
okay, set to registered users only :)

Status
Not open for further replies.