• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Suggestion for toys to take apart for goffin?

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I definitely need to work on getting some things for Elvis this weekend. (AS isn't taking any new orders at the moment.) I had theatre tickets last night so the fiancé was in charge of putting Elvis to bed. I uncovered his cage this morning to find his cage trashed. LOL. One toy taken apart at the clasp, as expected. His little basket of toy parts thrown everywhere with various pieces chewed. Newspaper shredded everywhere (and I don't have newspaper in his cage so I'm not really sure how it got there..........) and most of his pellets thrown out of his dish. :rolleyes: I'm going to have to have a talk with the fiancé about what went on last night...........?
LOL....they are for sure a different bird ...but I cant wait to get the bolts set I ordered and I think Im going to put something together like that box for him ..anything to help with the screaming ..which yesterday was better ...he has been using his indoor voice :wacky:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
LOL....they are for sure a different bird ...but I cant wait to get the bolts set I ordered and I think Im going to put something together like that box for him ..anything to help with the screaming ..which yesterday was better ...he has been using his indoor voice :wacky:
I'm glad the screaming was better. I think Elvis heard me come home last night and threw a bit of a birdie fit as he was already covered and in bed. I was tempted to let him out because I know he just wanted to see me, but I don't want to reinforce that when he screams he gets his way. So, I didn't. He fussed for about 20 minutes but then settled down. You'll have to post a picture of what you put together.

Laura729

Jogging around the block
I'm so behind - I need to get caught up on Elvis updates!! :)

Like others mentioned, a stainless steel bold with wingnuts is always fun for Lucius (I think I had a not-so-great photo of in one of our messages but I will check). It's super easy, even if you don't do much DIY. :)

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
That thing looks great ...where do I get one ???? :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Finally gave my Goffin's the AS Little Wing Nut and she is afraid of it. The other day I gave her a Mother Pluckin' Bird Toys Block Party and no fear of that at all which surprised me due to the size of the toy. Little Wing Nut....:eeeek: Block Party...:cheer:
Goffin's....:wacky:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
You can contact Bill Wasserman on FB if you have a FB account. Just plug his name in and send him a PM letting him know you would like to order one. Otherwise, I suppose I could probably order it for you.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You can contact Bill Wasserman on FB if you have a FB account. Just plug his name in and send him a PM letting him know you would like to order one. Otherwise, I suppose I could probably order it for you.
That's a great toy for a Goffin's or for any other bird that likes taking things/trying to take things apart.