• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Suddenly quiet?

Good_birdy

Moving in
Real Name
Alexandrine
Hi~ I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of bird companionship.

I've had my yellowside conure for a few months now and Ive gotten a good feel for her habits...She isnt noisy but she wiggles everywhere a good bit..

She always makes these cute toy-like sounds...but its been 2 days now maybe around evening time she gets deathly quiet and just stands there on a perch moving in slow motion and her head looking around slowly.

If i leave the room, its 50/50 that she follows me when shes like this...whereas she usually always flies after me.

She becomes active a bit again when its bedtime...but for the most part she just stands there.

Does anyone have any ideas, because I'm on my way to a complete freakout lol Im starting to get really worried.

Milestone

Sprinting down the street
Is there something that happens around evening time that's new to her? She kinda sounds like she's afraid of something? Typically when a bird who normally is vocal is more silent it isn't good. Is she eating normal? Pooping normal?

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
I agree with looking for something new. My husband couldn't figure out what was wrong with our boys today - they were acting real "fidgety". It was the red wrapper on the candy box:omg:

Good_birdy

Moving in
Real Name
Alexandrine
Nothing new, at all :( She is still eating and drinking, poops still looking as good as poop can look!

I'll keep an eye out again tonight, its nice to get different ideas, my bf seems to think I'm just being paranoid. Thank you

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
My gc conure has a day now and then when she's quieter than usual at times . It's weird that on weekend mornings she doesn't make noise. It's as if she knows my husband is still sleeping and doesn't want to wake him lol. It's probably cause I'm quieter. If your bird is normal the rest of the day and eating and pooping ok I wouldn't worry unless she has additional signs of a problem pop up. Maybe she's more settled in now and is relaxed enough to have a sleepy spell.