• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Successful first vet visit

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
Charlie and Sawyer took a trip to the doctor's today for their first checkups. Their physical exam went really well, there were no issues that could be seen from it. Tomorrow we'll get blood test and fecal sample results back. Let's hope those are good too!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Thank you you for being a responsible bird Daddy and taking them to a vet. Hope test results are within normal ranges.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great that you took them to the vet and all went well. Hope the test results will be within normal limits.

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
The boys got their blood tests back, the results are concerning as I don't actually know what the results mean. I will be contacting the vet in a few minutes to ask what course of action I can take with these results
I'll post the results in the next post as it doesn't want to post them on my phone so I gotta get on my desktop

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
IMG_3060.PNG IMG_3061.PNG
Here are the results for Charlie and Sawyer.
So from what I gather Charlie may have some issues in his liver/lower digestive tract area and Sawyer may have issues with his kidneys but also might not have issues with his kidneys. Am I correct?
We haven't gotten the fecal tests back yet, hopefully they will make this information more clear
I will call the vet know and ask what steps I can take to help the boys and when they'd like to see them next