• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Success with a toy!

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Finally, Cocoa is chewing! It is a balsa rainbow for little beaks from Things for Wings (thanks @Danita), the thinnest wood, but she is destroying it! :dance5: Whoop, whoop!
rps20171027_192737_751.jpg rps20171027_192855_216.jpg rps20171027_192943_565.jpg
Her beak had been overgrown/rounded to the point the vet said he did not know how she ate so he didn't think she was chewing much. She has been very tentative since he fixed it. I know I will probably regret this breakthrough when she shreds my house but for now I am happy!

Now, does anyone make giant budgie toys? :laughing12:

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yay!!! Target only chews balsa too!

TPBT makes lots of large balsa toys!

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I am so relieved if only because demonstrating how to eat good foods is one thing but demonstrating how to chew wood blocks was really doing a job on my teeth!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good for Cocoa. She looks like she is having a great time with that toy. Once she starts destroying balsa within mins. you will have to move up to basswood and pine.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Cutie! Chirp has that toy too, and he loves to play with the bells! I know Chirp likes cupcake liners (the smaller ones), the bamboo finger traps, and crinkle shred! Maybe she'd like some of those too?