• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Stranger Outside! (Thank you, Java)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mom, there's a stranger outside! He's four houses down and cutting his own grass, but he's a stranger and I see him! Mom! MOM!!!!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I laughed so hard watching this! And when you tell him what the sound is, that pause... then right back to the alert! I could picture throngs of people asking you at this point... 'does he talk'? Why yes, yes, he certainly does! :laughing12::rofl:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Nerd spoke wild Pionus and I spoke it back, we understood each other perfectly. He knew his name, had a name for himself and a name for me. Like I said before he made sure no hawks or crows carried us away as he was a great watch bird. His alarm sound almost sounds like a old submarine dive alarm or something. Nerd had some nasty loud flock calls too that luckily he didn't do constantly. Be honored that he has decided your his chosen one and he must watch over and protect you even if it means beeping till you get to the idea and are safe.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
What a handsome watch parrot you have there.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Mom, there's a stranger outside! He's four houses down and cutting his own grass, but he's a stranger and I see him! Mom! MOM!!!!
You should be happy to know that all my gccs reacted to Java's alarm call - they're all giving me alarm calls (all 13 of them). Who needs an alarm system when you have a parrot (or more).

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I thought our birds would join in, but Buzzard and the green cheeks went about business as usual. Luv Bug, however, decided she loved Java's singing and danced the whole time.

Last edited:

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Java is a cutie pie.

We had some work done today at our condo and 3 workers were coming and going for hours. Gigi insisted on contact calling each and every time they came through the door. They were really laughing at her. Watchbirds.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Finally got to watch the video.

MC is wide awake now!

Secret, totally unconcerned.

Loved the warning cry ..... great watch bird!

Feathered up

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
Pavi Ofc needed to sound the alarm to tell me Java was sounding an alarm. He LOVES Java videos!

My German Shorthair usually points my phone when she hears Java. Tonight I think she thought he was in trouble. When the Guineas sound the alarm it’s usually a predator so she takes alarm calls very seriously. She started jumping at the front door and whining. I had to take her out to prove nothing was terrorizing the coop birds. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.