Okay so I have Lucky's thread on the go but this is kind of a different thing. When I went to meet Lucky and her sibling on the morning I got her I was fully expecting there to be two birds. The breeder seems experienced and owns many different species from quails to eclectus parrots so I am inclined to trust her. When I got home with Lucky I thought it would be courteous to mention that I had made it home safely and sent her a picture of Lucky happily perched in the door of the cage to ensure her that I was being honest. I want to make it known that when I arrived at the breeders' place I made it clear that I was only looking for a single bird so that it would bond to me and live happily as a companion bird and that purchasing two birds would not only jeopardise this but it would also push my budget to breaking at that point, along with being a near deal breaker considering my living arrangements with the size of my place and with my housemate. Along with this I let her know that if I noticed any sign that the two had begun to bond or had already bonded then I would decline re-homing Lucky. (The two ringnecks were 4 months old, prior to that morning I had only owned 2 cockatiels which are usually rehomed at around 6 weeks and thought by 4 months I would surely be dealing with bonded birds, I later learned that larger birds such as ringnecks and alexandrines are typically rehomed around the 14-16 week period.) Any way, briefly after sending my SMS about the good news of our safe home-coming she mentioned that the sibling had not quite been the same. I let her know that if circumstances were perfect then I may ( emphasis on may) consider rehoming the other (emphasis on consider). Today she contacted me asking if I was still thoughtful of the idea and I outlined Lucky's great progress, followed by the challenges it would give me, and the current swift progress with Lucky, if I were to bring home the other bird (compounded by the fact that the evening I finished work after bringing Lucky home my van's radiator packed it in) I mentioned that perhaps it would benefit from entering a similarly loving forever-home and being let to bond with new full-time owners, to this she responded that others had responded to the ad on the classifieds site (in Australia we use Gumtree as U.S. citizens would use Craig's List) but had all been no-shows to date. It tears me up to think that there is a lovely bird out there who is lonely but should I trust in the fact that it will find a loving home? I spent over an hour with both of the birds before choosing one, having entered the home with every speculation and question and I was greeted with the best possible outcome for my needs, circumstances and desires in Lucky. Lucky is happy now and I have no reason to doubt Lucky's sibling won't be in another home. Should I trust my instinct and go with my original decision or am I hurting my fid by the choices I have made? I look forward to suggestions and advice on the matter. I trust I will only get the best here.