• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Stranded and confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He was sitting in the window and then flew to his cage but he couldn't figure out how to get in.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Aw.. bless his heart. Well, he went from a bit stressed and confused to being more relaxed just hanging there. How about getting a flat paddle with a handle and padding one side for you to have something for him to step up on so you don't get bitten when trying to help him? A ping pong paddle or something like that. Could be a rectangle shape with a handle attached. Something easy for him to step onto instead of a perch, unless a wide perch would do. Is he perch trained or is that too hard with him having just one foot?

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aw.. bless his heart. Well, he went from a bit stressed and confused to being more relaxed just hanging there. How about getting a flat paddle with a handle and padding one side for you to have something for him to step up on so you don't get bitten when trying to help him? A ping pong paddle or something like that. Could be a rectangle shape with a handle attached. Something easy for him to step onto instead of a perch, unless a wide perch would do. Is he perch trained or is that too hard with him having just one foot?
He isn't perch trained. His balance is out of whack but he'll let me scoop him up only if he's out of the cage.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Henry does everything he can to avoid stepping up on perch so I completely understand. Java still has a lot to learn so hopefully you can get him used to stepping on to a flat perch.... I know you can do it girl... I have faith in you~

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Henry does everything he can to avoid stepping up on perch so I completely understand. Java still has a lot to learn so hopefully you can get him used to stepping on to a flat perch.... I know you can do it girl... I have faith in you~
Thank you. I'm looking forward to watching him grow and learn all about this beautiful world.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I've had a bird afraid of sticks/perches.
The way I would move them around was using an old grate from an old cage.
They are not afraid of that as it just looks like a piece of cage.
As spares I had a freezer grate and a closet shelf grate. They look much the same.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bless his little heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.