• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Stone Mountain (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
There is a National Park here called Stone Mountain. Some may know about it if they are history buffs :D but I know I had never heard of it until I moved here. Anyways its amazing to hike up and watch the sunset from, so here are some pictures.

Attachments

Last edited:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:wow: :wow: :wow:

So gorgeous!!!7 and 9 are so pretty :heart:

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
Oh very beautiful!

ellimaye

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ellie
I see the Hotlanta skyline! Did you know that Stone mountain is the largest exposed piece of granite in the world? Pics are great!!!

If you get a chance, the best German restaurant is right at the base of the park. It's The Village Corner German Restaurant and bakery...delish!!! When we are in Atlanta we go there on Trivia night. Most fun!:D

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
We have passed it, its less that 5 minutes from my house, and everytime we pass we say "I wonder if thats any good". Now I know and I will plan to go there sometime :D!!

ellimaye

Real Name
Ellie
We have passed it, its less that 5 minutes from my house, and everytime we pass we say "I wonder if thats any good". Now I know and I will plan to go there sometime :D!!
I'm jealous. Very jealous that you live that close. The bakery alone would make me gain a few pounds a year though, so I guess it's just as well.:rofl:

The owners, Hilde and her husband are from Munich and somewhere else in Germany so the food is authentic!:laughing12:

We are usually driving from Norcross, so it takes a while to get there but it's worth it. You'll have to let me know what you think after you go.:)

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
I sure will. Norcross isnt that far though, 20 minutes maybe? I know I went to a bird fair over there and it only took about 10 minutes to get there.

ellimaye

Real Name
Ellie
Well, I guess it depends on the time of day. It's a 45+ minute drive at rush hour. Of course, Kris thinks he knows the fastest route and takes side streets.:rolleyes: I'll tell him that locals say it's usually only a 10-20 minute drive...:rofl:

Quest

Real Name
Judy
Houston, those pictures are beautiful!
You really have an eye for good pics.
Hope Blazey is doing well.
Judy

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
Well, I guess it depends on the time of day. It's a 45+ minute drive at rush hour. Of course, Kris thinks he knows the fastest route and takes side streets.:rolleyes: I'll tell him that locals say it's usually only a 10-20 minute drive...:rofl:
:rofl::rofl:

Judy Thank you :). Blazey is doing well thanks :hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Wow Houston, just beautiful!! I would put those sunsets on your Etsy shop. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.