• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Stolen Macaw

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I'm sure I didn't typ "scoundrel"...
No, but I know what you did type. Happened to me when I used that word. :D The site auto-corrects certain words to make them more family friendly. And yes, what you typed is exactly what that person is. :mad:

BirdField

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Finn
Any news on this sweetie? Haven't seen anything on craigslist yet, nothing that I can find on facebook either. I might try to check other ad sites for the area just to check.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
:angry101:Who the HECK steels a bird!!!
It sounds to me like the people who took her knew she was there and that’s all they went there for. It makes me so so sick to think someone could be such a heartless and selfish P O S as to steal a family member from others.
I really hope they find her.

BirdField

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Finn
This is a bit of a stretch, but I found what looks like a catalina (possibly harlequin though, I'm no good on hybrids). Here's the ad and here's a second post of it, it's posted in Wesminster, which is just ~20 minutes south of Norwalk. Seems close enough, but the bird pictured looks a bit different. The parrot in the ad looks older and has more smooth, mature-looking pattern. Doesn't have as much yellow on the nape as this girl and the feathers have more distinct lines between the patterns. It could also be a scam, as the two ads show the catalina with a green wing in one and with a scarlet in the other... Can't tell if the background in the two pictures are the same either, but the location is the same in both.
What do you guys think? At this point, I'm trying to find just about any ads that could possibly have even a catalina in them. Hopefully she's found soon.
Here's the pictures.

Attachments

BirdField

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Finn
I sent him the pics in both ads - good idea searching Orange County - I’ll let u know what he says and thank you for looking and still looking !!!
No problem, it's the least I can do living so far away! I tried to extend the search radius to get more results in case she was taken from farther away, hopefully if it's her she'll be home soon, and if it's not I hope she gets found quickly. :heart:

lexalayne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
Ah it wasn’t her. They got a new Catalina. Idk i feel bad for them though, the videos of Big Bird were so sweet and I know it’s hard or impossible to replace one.

BirdField

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Finn
Ah it wasn’t her. They got a new Catalina. Idk i feel bad for them though, the videos of Big Bird were so sweet and I know it’s hard or impossible to replace one.
Aw, I hope their family is doing okay, I can't imagine what it's like to lose a bird like that. Hopefully Big Bird is doing okay wherever she is at and those who stole her are at least caring for her, despite not being with people she knows. I'll still keep an eye out for a while longer, doesn't take much time out of my day and it could make a big difference for Big Bird. Wishing her family the best!