• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Stella and Chewy's

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Has anybody used Stella and Chewy's food?

Yoshi&Reza

Real Name
Alyssa
I think I did once by accident! :lol:Got home and realized... wow, that isn't what I meant to buy!

I have always stuck with Nature's Variety and Wellness!

tastybeets

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
You should check out Dog Food Advisor. I don't feed my dog anything with less than 4 stars, and I try to stick with 5 star brands. Nulo is amazing. Castor and Pollux is as well. I would recommend avoiding Blue Buffalo as it (in many cases) causes anal glands not to empty which means stinky brown leakage, and no one likes that. Petsmart's house brand, Authority Grain Free, is actually pretty great for the price if you're looking to go cheaper.

Stray away from brands like Alpo, Beneful, Science Diet, Pedigree, Purina, Eukanuba, Iams, Bil-Jac, and Nutro. Here are 4-star foods and 5-star foods!

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
@iamwhoiam Molly is doing good. I signed up to 38 more training sessions at the same place we are going to . On this sunday I signed her up for Lure Coursing for fun and excersie. 5 runs for $20.00 I have no idea how she will react but I guess I will find out!

I started feeding Stella's and Chewy dehydrated meal mixers because Molly will not really eat her kibble and you can not thrive by treats alone. She likes it and will eat it. It gets a 5 star rating .

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
For our Mini Schnauzer, we feed Orijen raw.
Orijen is a Canadian product, all ingredients are local.
I know lots of US people use Orijen too.
Cost is about the same for S&C....and the S&C has quite a similar formulation I believe?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great that Molly is doing well. Hope both of you have fun doing Lure Coursing. Does the training center offer agility? That might be fun for her, too.

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
@iamwhoiam They do offer agility but they must have a good sit, stay and down . Molly is not at that point yet . We are a work in progress! The trainer did mention she would be good at agility. She can jump really well. Waiting for my doggie DNA test to come back to hopefully find out what she is mixed with.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Will be interesting to find out what her mix might be. I know a few people who have done that and some of the results seem a bit off.