• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

staying on the perch

emzymayzy

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
how do i get my cockatiel to stay on a perch so i can carry him back to his cage how ever he has just taken him self to bed by jumping very high to his cage which was a very scary moment but he did it and he wasnt hurt but i dont want him doing that tooo often it happened soo quick i didnt see how he did it. now hes learnt he can do that hes gonna do it again. i didn't even know cockatiels could jump even birds to be fair

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Sorry, I can't help with what to do about your tiel jumping onto his cage....maybe someone else can weigh in on that.

As for jumping, both of my 'toos (Cassie and Milton) showed and show great jumping ability! Two or three feet (jumping downward) is a piece of cake for Milton. It gets your IMMEDIATE attention when you see a leaping cockatoo...because the leap is usually part of a rather loud "PRETTY PRETTY BIRD" call by a certain 'too....;)

emzymayzy

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
Sorry, I can't help with what to do about your tiel jumping onto his cage....maybe someone else can weigh in on that.

As for jumping, both of my 'toos (Cassie and Milton) showed and show great jumping ability! Two or three feet (jumping downward) is a piece of cake for Milton. It gets your IMMEDIATE attention when you see a leaping cockatoo...because the leap is usually part of a rather loud "PRETTY PRETTY BIRD" call by a certain 'too....;)
i found this very funny all i keep seeing is a load of cockatoos jumping high enough for you to see them over your breakfast bar if you had one in your kitchen lol

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Bump