• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Stay off my lawn!

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
My lovebird, Aoife, will be 1 May 1st, I've had her about 6 months, she has her own floor cage. I also have two linnies who share a floor cage. When I let Aoife out I move her cage so it's further awake from the linnies' cage so she can't jump on it and pester them, because of course she really wants to! When I got her, her wings had been clipped so keeping her off the linnies' cage wasn't that big of an issue. I've decided I want her to be flighted, since she's a bird and should be able to fly! She now is about 80% flighted, meaning she can fly a few feet and gain a little height, just enough to get onto the linnies' cage of course! They of course flip out when she does this, she's invading their house! I really don't want to get her clipped again so... I'm looking for suggestions on how to train her to not fly up there. I've tried putting some bubble wrap on their cage but that freaks the linnies out, although it freaks Aoife out, too. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea how to do this! She's learned step up etc, I use a clicker for that.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
How about setting another cage on top of the linnie's cage, so that they won't even see her if she flies on it?

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
How about setting another cage on top of the linnie's cage, so that they won't even see her if she flies on it?
That's a good idea... I have an additional tray from the play area on her cage that I don't use, and I also have a small table cage we don't use. Worth a try!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My Linnie, Gigi, is crazy cage protective. I can't imagine how she would deal.

:omg::angry:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
@Dona oh Caspar and Emrys hate it! Especially Caspar, he's the security guard of their cage. He will start yelling at her, it's shocking how loud he can be when he wants to be!