• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Stainless Steel cage companies?

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Having cockatoos who can open cage doors and feed dish doors very easily, I do not think I'll ever order EH until they have an option that is safe for my flock. And the doors must be thick enough for perch on so when my birds fly to their cage doors they can land and go inside when I call out "Bed time".

Though they are beautiful and the paper at the bottom sounds like a breeze, I just don't know if they'd work for me. I can absolutely see my cockatoos going at it. Haha

I only know of one person who has a macaw in one. A Hyacinth and she loves the cage but her Hy isn't a cockatoo or a mechanically inclined macaw who works on the feed dish and cage doors meticulously until they break out.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Having cockatoos who can open cage doors and feed dish doors very easily, I do not think I'll ever order EH until they have an option that is safe for my flock. And the doors must be thick enough for perch on so when my birds fly to their cage doors they can land and go inside when I call out "Bed time".

Though they are beautiful and the paper at the bottom sounds like a breeze, I just don't know if they'd work for me. I can absolutely see my cockatoos going at it. Haha

I only know of one person who has a macaw in one. A Hyacinth and she loves the cage but her Hy isn't a cockatoo or a mechanically inclined macaw who works on the feed dish and cage doors meticulously until they break out.
Is there a reason the locks wouldn't work for you and I'm not sure as to why you can't put a perch on the doors? I have perches on mine.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Is there a reason the locks wouldn't work for you and I'm not sure as to why you can't put a perch on the doors? I have perches on mine.
Sorry, I thought I had responsed to this.

I do not like using locks that require combinations or keys to unlock my birds cages. I feel its unsafe and way too much added work.

I do like my A&E cages which have these nifty screw types of locks for the breeder doors and feeder doors. It just twists and you pull it to the right and it opens and my birds cannot figure out how to open them. They do however figure out how to jam the damn thing, so I do have to unjam it frequently, but they cannot escape when its jammed, the door just gets annoyingly stuck closed.

And I do not like adding perches to the cage doors, makes opening difficult and I like to lean in as I clean. Then, they still prefer to use the cage doors to actually perch on and not the perch on the cage door. It just becomes a back stabber or gut cruncher or chest hitter or clothing snagger at that point. And I do nto need help getitng hurt or getting my clothes ripped. I have cockatos who do these things for me ;)

I NEED to get SS cages for Moby and Mera by the beginning of 2018, and I cannot use the Caitec foldable SS cages. There is no way I am putting MOby or Mera into one of thos ecages. Opa and Mali are dainty on their cages and not cage bar chewers. I feel that Moby and Mera would destroy the Caitec cages.

So I have unfortunately been thinking about doing Expandable Habitats for Moby and Mera. Maybe the aviary version so I can walk into it as I do not have the heart to actually stick them into something small like Opa and Mali. They're just too energetic and full of hot air. Moby might actually go insane in a smaller cage. IDK.

Decisions, Decisions...

I honestly wish there were more cage companies out there...

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Me too.....

More cage companies!

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
SS cage companies that I can think of: Expandable Habitats, A&E, Avian Adventures, Caitec/Featherland, Northwest Cages, Cages by Design, King's Cages, Animal Environments.

With Expandable Habitats, just so you know, you don't have to use the locks-- I don't. They also offer long bars (kind of hard to explain but I'm sure Trish could get you a photo) that I'm pretty sure even a very mechanically inclined bird could not manipulate because they are just too long for them. Trish has made tons of cages for cockatoo owners, and I would trust her to be honest about whether or not she'd recommend that option for your flock.

TWR

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I have 3 Featherland SS cages and my only negative comment is that I would have preferred they had flat top's instead of dome top - but it's not really too much of a big deal to me. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with them. I don't have Toos though.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I think Animal Environment cages are nice. plus they have YouTube videos to give you a better sense of their cages. I forget the prices but I recall them being pretty pricey even for SS cages.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I think Animal Environment cages are nice. plus they have YouTube videos to give you a better sense of their cages. I forget the prices but I recall them being pretty pricey even for SS cages.

I think the AE cages are indeed beautiful but I have had a difficult time with Carmen in the past when ordering a playstand from her in the past. I would not ever do business with her again.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I have 3 Featherland SS cages and my only negative comment is that I would have preferred they had flat top's instead of dome top - but it's not really too much of a big deal to me. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with them. I don't have Toos though.
I have two cockatoos in the featherland cages and I love it for those two. But I cannot put Moby and Mera in one of these I think.