• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Stainless Steel cage companies?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
I am wondering if we can form up a list of Stainless Steel cage companies.

Hi Mercedez. Sinbad's Birds here in Miami has excellent SS cages. They purchase them from a&e Cage Co.::: aecageco.com --- 800-631-7387. I've seen them first hand when I go to get Elvis's pellets and nuts..& toys~~

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Hi Mercedez. Sinbad's Birds here in Miami has excellent SS cages. They purchase them from a&e Cage Co.::: aecageco.com --- 800-631-7387. I've seen them first hand when I go to get Elvis's pellets and nuts..& toys~~
Theyre pretty nice. I am looking at the Essegi 70"x40"x40" Chrome cage, it is beautiful. Not horribly priced either. I may have to consider it when I shop SS for Moby and Mera in the future.

CagesSimbads Birds & Pets

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Nice thread folks!

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I would go with Expandable Habitats, hands down. Too quality and excellent customer service.

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
PS
Chrome chips/flakes off and rusts over time

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I would go with Expandable Habitats, hands down. Too quality and excellent customer service.
They are nice cages but I have never liked the look of the cage door or feed doors. The locking mechanism over these doors are very unappealing as well.

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
No, chrome is not a solid metal. The bars on a chrome cage are some kind of metal, then they are plated or covered/dipped (not sure the correct term) in chrome. So yes, it can chip and flake off over time. With the price of that chrome cage being so high, in my opinion, you should get a stainless steel cage instead. The kings SS cages are really nice too, but the paper system on the EH makes cage cleaning so much easier than pulling out big trays, I will never go back to that lol.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Perhaps one day they'll have models with bigger door frames and food dish doors that are better geared at staying locked (cage door too)

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I have four Expandable Habitats cages and cant say enough good things about them. Very happy with them.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Perhaps one day they'll have models with bigger door frames and food dish doors that are better geared at staying locked (cage door too)
Mercedez, everything on the EH cages is totally costomizable. I have two and they are two totally different doors. One has a single door that is basically the entire front pannel...you couldn't ask for a bigger door honestly. The other is a bigger cage and has a two door opening that is also basically the same size as the entire front. I'll agree with you that I'm not thrilled with how they lock their doors and feeder doors, you have to use an actual lock. My birds aren't all that interested in opening them, so I don't bother with the locks and just use a quick link that I don't even bother to close and that's worked really well for me over the years. I was never really keen on the feeder doors or the bowls either but I bought both of my cages second hand. I'm thinking of getting one or two made though and you can have the feeder doors placed anywhere you want and made as big or as small as you want. I bought King's bowls and bowl holders for my current cages and the only thing that drives me a little batty about my current designs is that there is one feeder door on each side of the cage. When I order my new cage (Jon has already said we can order at least one new cage), I'll put two feeder doors on each side. I agree with Kim, the paper through the bottom and the light tray is a game changer! For a long time, I was a skeptic but when we had the chance to pick up a used one right here in Madison for $1000, I jumped at it, and I will never look back! EVER! I love them and if I could have one for every member of my flock, I'd do it in a heart beat! Tricia is great to work with too! I seriously cannot say enough absolutely wonderful things about the cages and the company! So, other than the way they lock the doors...I LOVE THEM!