• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SS cages for smaller birds

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I wish I had the handyman skills to build my own! @webchirp @roxynoodle if you guys do end up making your own I’d love to see how they turn out :heart:

@saroj12 I had no idea they did customs! What was the process like/how much customization did they allow? How long did it take, and can I ask how much it cost? I’m glad that it turned out super well!

I’m thinking about getting this one from A&E: A&E Cage Co. 32"x23" Stainless Steel Refuge Play Top Bird Cage
Don’t need the skirt or playtop (I hope the latter can be removed buuut not holding my breath) but it was the only one that I could find that was large enough, with smaller bar spacing, and more horizontal.

Well, that's not bad at all. It's a little smaller than Rowdy's current cage, but it could work.

I did draw up blueprints to make a cage for Oobie, but then bought the Featherland. I was going to do drilled bars instead of welded ones. At the time I think the materials cost would have been about $600. That's what I think I paid for the used Avian Adventures one. I did have to pay someone another $100 to bring it to me as it was in Chicago, using Uship.com.