• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Squinty (Swollen?) Eyes

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
How is the little guy doing?
Thank you for checking on him! He is doing much better :) no more squinty eyes at all. His symptoms are weird, one day he has a wet (clear) sneeze attack and then completely stops, the other he has squinty eyes (not red, no discharge) and then its gone, and the next it looks like he tries to vomit *once* but doesn't actually vomit. All isolated symptoms along with him acting completely normal and energetic, eating, drinking and having normal poops. No fluffed feathers. I tried to convince my mom to bring him to the vet this morning just in case, but she was very hesitant because of the road conditions, my absence (I'm away for a few days) and him acting normal. At least I managed to convince her to call the vet and she did: she described all his symptoms to the receptionist who then talked to the vet about it. They weren't worried one bit, and gave us an appt on monday. Hypothesis is allergies but I'm not sure. I'm still a little worried, but I trust the vet and I believe Charlie will be fine, at least until we go to the vet on monday, and that if something is wrong its minor. He hasn't shown any symptom at all for more than 24 hours, I video called my mom earlier and he was moving around and playing with her earrings all along. :) I made her promise to let me know if he shows any symptom at all again and she is taking good care of him. Fingers crossed! I'll let you guys know as soon as we get back from the vet on monday night :)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m glad he’s doing better, and I hope everything goes well on Monday! Be careful with costume jewelry, my vet said you might not know what they are made of.

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
I’m glad he’s doing better, and I hope everything goes well on Monday! Be careful with costume jewelry, my vet said you might not know what they are made of.
Thank you so much! You're right, we're trying to discourage it and we don't leave it in his cage, of course :) It was just nice to see him being playful!

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
@Sylvester @lillie @saroj12 @rocky'smom @Tiel Feathers @enigma731 Just got back from Charlie's vet checkup! He is healthy weight and all (90g) and the actual vet isn't concerned one bit about his isolated symptoms either! :cheer: They offered us a gram test and blood test but my mom didn't want to pay for it, they did make us an estimate though so I know I could afford it if he ever shows any more symptoms. I'm so happy my baby is seemingly super healthy! :D Also I said before that I had a homemade certificate for his DNA sexing but not the actual certificate from the lab, but I just found it now behind the homemade certificate... *facepalm* So Charlie is confirmed male :) Thank you guys for supporting me through my mama worries!

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I know how happy and relieve you are to hear that your little guy is going to be just fine. Thank you for keeping us posted, we were all in his corner.