• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Squawking?

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Is it normal? She started doing it when I let her out of her cage. I must just not be used to that loud:wideyed:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
You let her out and she came out on her own and she's squawking? Maybe she's overwhelmed or excited by something. Can you put her back in her cage with the door open to see if she's changed her mind?

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
She comes out on her own. She can barely contain herself when she sees me coming to the cage so I can open the door. Then she comes right out and sits on the little bar thingy for a few minutes before going up the top of her cage

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Trying to put her back in before she’s ready is like a death sentence for my fingers. She drew blood last night.

She likes to glide to the floor and walk around

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:laugh: I see! Me, too with Buzzard. I'm trying to have more floor time with him but he will not step up on command so I usually have to leave and come back before he will agree to it. Would she step up for a treat? Buggy flies away when we try to put her up, but if we put an almond in her puzzle wheel she goes in on her own & we can just close the door behind her.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
She steps right up when she’s on the floor. On her cage is another story altogether

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Yeah, some birds are like that.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Yeah, some birds are like that.
I know they are. I’m just not used to it. Even when we tried to pick her up when we first brought her home, she just lunged, never made a noise. I’m not used to these big birds, lol

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
At least she's very honest with her body language. Harry can be reticent to come out of his cage, especially if Annie is out: she's a rotten stinker of a bully. I have been working on getting him to step up in his cage; he's not a fan. He'd rather come out on his own terms and weasel some attention out of me before deigning to step up. He has been known to pinch if my time doesn't match his.

Wendy27

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
With some of my birds - I found I could not allow them to go to the top of their cage because it would cause a huge change in attitude ( not good) - they were fine on a play stand as long as it was not too high up.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Is it normal? She started doing it when I let her out of her cage. I must just not be used to that loud:wideyed:
She’s a bird.

:D sorry I couldn’t help myse;f.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
She’s a bird.

:D sorry I couldn’t help myse;f.
I’m wondering if she was doing it because something was wrong. She passed a day and a half later

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Awww man, @alshgs . I knew that. I’m sorry! You’re probably right.

Can I take it back?

:sadhug2:

Wendy27

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Very, very sorry - I didn't know this happened - you worked so hard to make Peg's brief time with you special and lovely - must be very painful for you right now - sending comfort and healing.