• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

spotted a lost budgie

Jazzy*

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
yes hoping to get her to a avian vet next week, hard with working and the holiday next week but will try. same here we were not sure if this would happen or not but soo happy it did. a coworker has a larger budgie cage she is going to let me use for her. will take pic tomorrow in daylight.

I work at a vet office but we don't have any vets that see birds/ exotics

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
It took a few days for the budgie I found at work to settle in. I was not sure he would survive as he seemed so stressed. I did not see him eat or drink much or play with the toys in his cage. I kept him away from the rest of my flock but he finally started to chirp when I took him outside in a smaller cage. (this was during the summer) A year and half later...he is doing well.

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
It took a few days for the budgie I found at work to settle in. I was not sure he would survive as he seemed so stressed. I did not see him eat or drink much or play with the toys in his cage. I kept him away from the rest of my flock but he finally started to chirp when I took him outside in a smaller cage. (this was during the summer) A year and half later...he is doing well.
thanks for letting me know that, im going to take it slow with her I feel bad she is in the tiny cage but going to get a bigger one soon and put some toys in it for her.
will play budgie songs for her like I did when she was outside may help her I think as well.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Wow, good job! I had not seen this thread till now and I really did not think it would have a happy ending........so glad I am wrong :laughing12:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Yay. So glad your persistence paid off.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
What WONDERFUL news!!! I was so worried she could not survive in those temps. GO DAD! GO @Jazzy* ! Doing the happy dance here for all of you and the precious budgie. :party::goodjob:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
So cool! Hope she will soon adapt to be an indoor bird again! Congratulation on catching her! :dance5:

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
thanks everyone for all the nice words :) @Lady Jane that's a cute name for sure I have not even thought about names yet to be honest lol.
we picked up the larger budgie cage from my cowoker tonight have to get it cleaned and setup before I move her in to it. If I do end up keeping her I will get a even larger cage.