• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

spotted a lost budgie

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
At least they are very fast and agile fliers and the small birds like Sparrows seem to tolerate them in their flocks. As long as she hangs with them she'll probably have food and a safe warmish place to roost till someone rescues her.

Last edited:

Jazzy*

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
what would you put as a budgies favorite food/treat? .trying to think what else I could put out to attract her. did not see her this morning before I went to work so I hope she is still flying around.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Problem is that this girl stands out in the flock and can be a target for predators.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne

mutlus

Meeting neighbors
wow i always wanted to rescue one like this.i hope she will be fine.i dont think she can live long there outside.

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
today was the first time this week the budgie was spotted again by my house. my mom said it stayed for around 3-4 hours eating seeds and in the hedge. I am happy to know its still alive and eating :)

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
have not got a net yet. just been trying to the cage with a string so far.
my mom said the budgie was under the one cage eating on the ground.the cage I am using is on a stand and is filled with seed and treats for it

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
she is back again this morning, saw her on the patio eating a few seeds by the little cage I have setup. seems to be in good shape still :)

hoping she goes into the cage this week so she will be safe this winter.

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
me too shes been hanging around all day with the sparrows, she is pretty cute I played some budgie sounds on youtube for her :geek:

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
little update , the budgie has been spending a lot of time here by my house still have not been able to catch her. A scary thing happened today when I was standing at the window, a hawk came flying in and landed on the hedge around where the budgie was and other sparrows. I banged on the window to scare it away and it did fly away to the other house where the birds go. after that I the budgie was gone and did not come back. I am hoping she just went into hiding somewhere safe and okay. That's what I have worrying about if the hawk got her or not as she stand out. I am going to be watching tomorrow morning for her and the rest of the week till I see her again. Will let you if she is back and alive :unsure:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Appreciate update. You should name her and write a short story about her adventures. Children would love to hear about this.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
what would you put as a budgies favorite food/treat? .trying to think what else I could put out to attract her. did not see her this morning before I went to work so I hope she is still flying around.
I'd put lots and lots of millet. They love it, and even if you don't catch her, it is fat so it is good for Winter birds.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
That's what I have worrying about if the hawk got her or not as she stand out.
She may stand out because of her color, but the hawk is more interested in a bird standing out because in poor condition and easy to catch. I wouldn't worry about the hawk if she is fit and flies fast. Cats on the other hand, are a much more real threat. They don't need the food but they will see her from a long distance and be interested where the sparrows alone wouldn't.. she'll attract them to the flock.

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
I have to amazing news :swoon:
I am soo happy to tell all you guys,
when I was at work today my dad was able to pull the string and catch the budgie in the cage! she is now safe and warm inside :starshower1: