• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Spent more time with charlie the goffin today

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Me, too! I bought a few yards of no-pill fleece at Hobby Lobby (with the 40% off mobile coupon) cut a few large sections & do the same with Luv Bug. When she's playing with her bowl of toy parts, she likes to roll the toys into fabric. I thought it was harlmess at first, but then her sharp beak started wearing holes in my shirts! Now I lay the fleece across my lap & it does double duty by helping to catch some of her beads from falling between the sofa cushions. :tup:

Here she is tucking a blue bead and an orange spool into the collar of my shirt.
View attachment 274189
Awww Luv Bug! Just let her have whatever she wants!! Haha! She's sooooooo cute! I can't get over how cute everyone's birds are!

becdimarc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
becky dimarcantonio
@iamwhoiam what is non-pilling? like thats the differnce?

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
i understand! i will make sure i get the right fleece!!
i wanted to get some blankets and whatnot to throw over the couches, so ima just buy a crap ton of fleece!
There should be a "no pill" section. Just buy whatever pattern or color you want & if you get the full length of all the throws you want, it counts as 1 cut & most places' coupons apply to 1 cut of fabric. Then just cut it into throws at home. You don't even have to hem it since it doesn't fray. :thumbsup: Just make sure to wash it all first when you're done cutting like @iamwhoiam said to do to get rid of lint & bits from cutting.

You can even cut some into strips and make a preener. There should be how-to's in the Enrichment and Foraging park here: Enrichment and Foraging Park | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

Last edited:

becdimarc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
becky dimarcantonio
There should be a "no pill" section. Just buy whatever pattern or color you want & if you get the full length of all the throws you want, it counts as 1 cut & most places' coupons apply to 1 cut of fabric. Then just cut it into throws at home. You don't even have to hem it since it doesn't fray. :thumbsup:
i dont think my local store has coupons very often, so i may have to make a trip over the boarder to joannes ( i think thats the name) my aunt goes there often and always gets awsome deals

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Love the preener idea! I may do that too! Right now Freddy's got a leg of light grey sweat pants hanging up that he snuggles with at night