• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Special Needs Lovebirds are Looking for a New Home <3

MahaSarah

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Maha
I have two Lovebirds that need a good home. One of them is a special needs Lovebird, her name is Chyna Doll. And her roommate/bird she is bonded to is named Captian Casper. They both hatched in my home about 2-3 years ago. I kept them until I came across a wonderful family that bought another bird from me before and they went home with them. A week ago they contacted me asking if I could take them back(they were going through a tough time with family and living situations) so of course, I took them back. They are currently with me and my search to find them a permanent home has started. Chyna is stunted due to her being the youngest baby and her parents not feeding her as often. When I noticed this I took her out of the nest and starting handfeeding. I didn't think she would survive but she did and she is a healthy little girl. Her feet are deformed and her flying capabilities are not the best. Her buddy Captian is not stunted and is a normal healthy little guy. Chyna loves pets and kisses and Captian is a flighty little guy and prefers his independence.

I am in no rush to rehome them at all and I just want them to find a good home. I am unsure about the rehoming fee.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They sound very sweet.

MahaSarah

Real Name
Maha
They are for sure! I would keep them, however, I think they would get even more playtime with someone else that doesn't have as many little ones as me lol!

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Poor little guys. Hopefully someone on AA can take them.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I would keep them, however, I think they would get even more playtime with someone else that doesn't have as many little ones as me
I understand this 100%. This is the reason we did not keep Blue (the third chick from my last clutch). S/he was a healthy bird with no issues and is enjoying her life in a new home with less birds than myself being spoilt rotten. We debated keeping her but, we decided that the bird would have a better life with someone else.
Good luck finding a good home. ❤
Have you thought about making an info sheet with tips to mod the cage etc?

MahaSarah

Real Name
Maha
Thank you!

And I have never thought of that actually! Their cage right now is short but long lengthwise and they a lot of rope perches for Chyna's feet. But I will deff think about doing an info sheet for them.