• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Special needs cage

Fritzgerald16

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
IMG_4019.JPG
This is the current set up! Im thinking of putting the pee pad on top of the grate for the comfort of his little feet. I have more toys and another perch on the way!
It is a 16x23x16 cage I think for breeding finches but for right now it's perfect! As he gets older I anticipate needing a different cage potentially. We'll figure it out when we cross that road!

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Nice setup! Jason looks like he's settling in well :)

Menagerie Mama

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
Oh, goodness...indulged little keet :)
To go from a bin with 74 others who would probably pick on him for being different, to a loving family, good food, spacious nursery cage with varied perches and toys (with indirect sunshine, draped live plant fronds). Jason has landed in gimpy orphan's utopia:rofl:

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I would suggest adding some platform perches. My budgie just loves his for eating and playing.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
If/when you want a new cage the critter nation seems like a good fit for small disabled birds. There are least 2 members here with disabled birds that use them. I'm glad he's settling in so well :)

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I would suggest adding some platform perches. My budgie just loves his for eating and playing.
I second this! When Chirp broke a blood feather on his wing and couldn't fly, I bought him 3 platforms from Tweety Pie's. Those are now some of his favorite places to hang out!

If/when you want a new cage the critter nation seems like a good fit for small disabled birds. There are least 2 members here with disabled birds that use them. I'm glad he's settling in so well :)
Those critter nations seem really nice. They're really spacious with loads of spaces to rest and no worries about falling a long way down :)