• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Special needs budgies, Lubbock, TX

Best Bird

Walking the driveway
I Live by Lubbock, Tx. And I am willing to drive up to 2 hours for whoever would adopt my babies if they don’t live by Lubbock (given I deem the home a good fit). I recently have made the decision to rehome my 3 budgies. I love them very much but feel too guilty to keep them any longer. I had been to the point where they were almost tame enough to hop in my hand without me coaxing them with bird seed but unfortunately they are know traumatized and are special needs due to the fact they have missing toes and one of my budgies now has a missing foot. My budgies all used to be very happy with me and my other two quakers but my quakers are old enough they are going though a mean phase and no longer like the budgies. When I was at work my quakers broke into my budgies cage and attacked them severely maiming all three budgies. After that, I took precautions and made sure to prevent that from happening again but alas it happen again and one of my budgies completely lost her foot. My home is too small to separate my birds in different rooms as I only have 1 bedroom other than mine and that’s already used by my birds and I have cats roaming around my house as well (they are not aloud in the bird room). I would put my budgies in my room but my respiratory system is getting worse and I can’t breathe any bird dander at night without having problems. I can’t bare to see my budgies get hurt again and I don’t have the heart to keep them with me knowing they will most likely continue to get hurt. If anyone is interested in adopting 3 special needs budgies please message me! I Live right by LUBBOCK, TEXAS. They will come with a huge cage about 5 ft tall, toys and everything inside their cage and bird food (I have tried switching them to a pellet only diet but they are extremely stubborn and only eat seeds) Please only reply to adopt if you are serious about taking care of special needs birds.
The green budgie is named Viridi
The light blue budgie is named Alder
The dark blue budgie with black wings is named Lobelia. To my knowledge when I purchased them, all are female. They are all about 2-3 years old.

Attachments

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Amazing set up you have for them I hope you find a home that clearly love them as much as you do