• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Speaking of Hawks ...

Lizardking

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Duane
We have a lot of them out here in our area . We usually see them soaring or sitting way up on top of a pole . We were lucky enough to be sitting in our truck (with our camera) when this guy landed right in front of us ! Thought ya'll might enjoy them ! :cool:

Hawk 1.jpg

Hawk 2.jpg

Hawk 3.jpg

Hawk 4.jpg

I blew this one up a little to try for a closer look !

big.jpg

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Very majestic bird :) and no snow! Little jealous here :)

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
Aren't they beautiful? I love them too. Not sure where you are but I'm in Northern California and they are all over the place here. If we want to see a hawk, all we have to do is drive highway 280 from my home about 10 minutes to Palo Alto and they are all over the place. They often come by our neighborhood to pick up squirrels or other rodents but usually they like the freeway for roadkill.

I apparently had one in my back yard (I was there but never saw hm) and was trying to grab a baby bird (we have so many) but our dogs chased him away and he lost his meal.

Thanks for posting!!

Lizardking

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Duane
Aren't they beautiful? I love them too. Not sure where you are but I'm in Northern California and they are all over the place here. If we want to see a hawk, all we have to do is drive highway 280 from my home about 10 minutes to Palo Alto and they are all over the place. They often come by our neighborhood to pick up squirrels or other rodents but usually they like the freeway for roadkill.

I apparently had one in my back yard (I was there but never saw hm) and was trying to grab a baby bird (we have so many) but our dogs chased him away and he lost his meal.

Thanks for posting!!
Yes they are ! I am in South Eastern Arizona . Glad you enjoyed them !

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Gorgeous bird:heart: Thanks for sharing! I love watching birds of prey, I just love love love iT when they are soaring the sky and call out! I used to see them every day, at least one day a week there would be a bird very close to me, he would sit on a pole while I cycled by, sometimes they would even remain there while I stopped a meter or three away:heart: Now I see them less often, but they are still there:)