• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sound level

JaclynBin

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jaclyn
Do lovebirds tend to make more or less sound depending on their age or season? Gem has been rather quiet as of late - although we have come to visit my parents so she doesn't have the company of the wild birds back home which may explain part of it.
She makes a few noises if I play bird sounds for her and occasionally chirps or mimics for me to take her cage cover off in the morning but has been rather silent otherwise. Not that I'm complaining - but is this just a stage or something?

Also, here's Gem chilling on her window perch at my parents house because I'm a proud bird owner :bounce3:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Kellie728

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
Cute pictures. I'm not really sure about the noise question. As they mature they may get a little quieter, but i haven't had mine long enough to really know. Hopefully people with more experience will have some answers for you.

Cockatoo-Dust

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Skylar
If she is over at your parent's house, and has been moved there recently, she might be quieter because she's in a new place. :)

LovieLuvr

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Christina
I would agree with the quieter because of being in a new place because Sprout was very quiet when we first brought him home, but now the he's comfortable the lovie chirps are now here. Not that I mind, because I love hearing them :) I do not know how old Stitch was, but he was always a very quiet lovie for the 5 years that I had him. He would call in the morning, when I said his name, when I came home and in the evening. Lilo on the other hand was extremely loud and would make noise all the time. :laugh:

JaclynBin

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jaclyn
Thanks for all the replies - we've been here for three weeks already so I'm not sure if it's because she still unsettled about the location change though I'd say that this place is less suited to housing a bird than my own house - which may contribute to the lack of chirping. It's good to know that there are just quiet birds as well - it's not something I thought existed based on my experience with my friends cockatiels xD