• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

sooty

Rabb.D

Strolling the yard
_DSC4865.JPG
this is sooty my mynah planning on moving him in here 2 months ahead but is already able to eat through the canister so he seems fine and decided to relocate him to the cage a foot away much bigger this should make him happy:))

as for handling sessions there's always some time ahead where this can be a focal point of my relationship with sooty.... a happy sooty is a happy Rabb.D :)))

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
How cute. : )

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Nice! Can't wait to hear more about him.

Rabb.D

Strolling the yard

food for baby, now going out to buy chicken feed... these are beetle larva more nutritious than you think, but chicken feed makes them strong, once on chicken feed mixing with pellet food

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
When I was younger you saw lot of for sale ads for Mynas but not so much now.

I loved their talking abilities but never learned much about them. What do they do in nature to occupy their time? Do they play with toys? I would think just sitting on a perch all day would be boring. How do you plan to set up the cage with things to keep them happy?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Had two Mynah birds when I was about 4 years old. My cousin gave them to us when she moved to California. I thought they were wonderful but they were two noisy for my dad and he gave them away. :(

Does Sooty have a lot of free time out of the cage?

Rabb.D

Strolling the yard
no free time out of cage as of yet. trust comes with patience and respect of its dignity, once trusted never to be betrayed, or folly!!! ahahahahaha!!!!

sooty nodded in agreement(yessss you will see.. you will see...)

Rabb.D

Strolling the yard
actually to be frank mynas can turn very violent once betrayed of its trust, and for friendlying it takes a measure of trust over years rather than training... being frank.

prior this sooty I had another myna everytime I had to open the cage my hands were rattling, especially when I had to take off or remove something from the cage or for example the ID ring.

freaky stuff when you realize his wings could open the grip of my palm... but just ever so slightly.

Last edited: