• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Somthing i would like to share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
I wanted to share info i have found first hand to be very helpful in a mutiple cat household(FWI alot of this i got from..my cat from hell on Animal Planet)i have 7 cats living here all fixed we have 7 litter boxes scooped daily 2 large floor to celing cat trees ,one so the cats can reach o shelf above our window about 6ft long...and toys and frillys hanging all over,gates so the cats have access where the dogs dont so if they dont want to be around then they dont have to(but they all love the dogs)Still i have problems with attitudes and potty problems once in a while,so...I realise from learning i need more enrichment for them..we are putting in an outside screened area accesiable thru our bathroom window with tunnels to 2 other areas...Also we are incorpating the HUGE size round PVC to go around the top of our celings with coke can size holes every 5 ft..we will put the sticky carpet tiles in the inside for them..and we are making 2 window boxes plus the sun room...this will be wonderful enrichment for them and keep the attitudes in check..I love my cats as much as my dogs and birds and i need to understand their needs also..

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
Ill be painting the PVC to match the walls so it will really blend in..will put eye hooks in different areas inside so i can hang cat nip toys..Im very excited for them..i thought this all up one night when i couldnt sleep..any thoughts

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Can't wait to see pix! Can my cats come over & play? :D

Shyra

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sounds wonderful. Having four housecats I know what you mean about trying to keep them from being total couch potatoes. I love the thought of using pipes so that they can't fall out of them like they could shelves. There's a house The Cats' House: Bob Walker and Frances Mooney's world-famous jungle gym for cats. that I think would be so fun to have something similar for the cats. Here's a photo of one of their rooms. Can't wait to see yours finished.

cat-house.jpg

blackivory

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chels
I just bought my cats a tall cat tree and my kitten loves it! Would love to fill in the front court yard, which is already fenced, and make it in to a cat safe area. Hopefully my partner will agree ..

Status
Not open for further replies.