• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Something wrong with the left ear.

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
If birds are anything like people, the infection could have come from bacteria already living in his mucus membranes or skin. Check him over for any cuts, that's usually how staph infects a body.

Definitely talk to your doctor as well. I'm not sure if humans can catch it from birds or vice versa, but it's always good to be safe.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had a bird with a staph infection once. No clue how she got that but treated it successfully with antibiotics. Also gave her vetri-DMG to boost her immune system.
Hope the infection will clear up quickly. What meds did the vet prescribe?

xyzconurelove

Meeting neighbors
I had a bird with a staph infection once. No clue how she got that but treated it successfully with antibiotics. Also gave her vetri-DMG to boost her immune system.
Hope the infection will clear up quickly. What meds did the vet prescribe?
They still haven't prescribed anything. They were waiting on some other results that came back negative. To be honest I'm worried that he has had a bacterial infection for over a month now... There are no other avian vets I can take him to by the way. He really appears fine but I'm worried he might go downhill fast...