1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

Discussion in 'Bird Boulevard' started by BigSkyMT, 2/15/18.

1. Milestone

Milestone Sprinting down the street

Thanks for the update its so nice to hear how good things are going for you guys.

SquawksNibbles, TikiMyn and BigSkyMT like this.
  2. BigSkyMT

BigSkyMT Meeting neighbors

Hercules Update-

Where do I begin?? Wow. He is a completely different bird. He demands head scratches now, first thing in the morning after his big poo lol. Now he likes to cuddle up in my hand, I kinda cup my hand & us my fingers to massage his head. He will fly to me, no matter where I am in the house. I can also say "shoulder" and he will fly or hop to my shoulder. He wants to be on me all the time. I think his fav is watching me do dishes haha. The water fascinates him. Too cute! He has met almost everyone in my family & will step up on their finger & hangout on their shoulder for a short amount of time & then flies to me lol. He let's me know when he wants some seed or treats, but knows he has to eat atleast half of his breakfast first. (Broccoli, green beans, wheat grass sprouts & broccoli sprouts are his fave for breakfast) When I leave the room he calls out for me, I just say "your okay" and I wait to come back into the room until he quiets down a little. When it's bedtime, he throws a fit. So funny. He does the bat bird on my shoulder & makes his baby noises. Saying Momma, I'm tired & want to go to bed. I give him the option by having him on my hand & placing him in the cage, if he's ready he will go to his sleeping perch, if he isn't he will crawl up my arm & back out of the cage & I will try again after 15-20 min. He also demands to have his cage covered. He loves it & I think he feels safe & secure. He is adorable. Started a little training & working on getting him comfortable with his harness. It's going to take some time, but day by day I know he will get it. Can't wait until summer & bringing him on walks or possibly bike rides. We will see lol. I watched youtube video of a man who takes his cockatiel on his motorbike around town. Pretty amazing thier intelligence. They just wanna have fun! Haha. Here's a pic of his bird mansion, he really is spoiled & a pic of his favorite spot to be, on me haha. Love him so much! I will keep updating as long as this site allows me to!!

Edited for spelling-->

Attached Files:

Last edited: 4/20/18
  3. Milestone

Milestone Sprinting down the street

What a spoiled birdie lol (but he deserves it). I'm glad you guys hit it off so well. :joyful:

BigSkyMT, TikiMyn and SquawksNibbles like this.
  4. zoo mom

zoo mom Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Elaine
    Such a long way from the birdie you were afraid you couldn't tame.:heart:

5. SquawksNibbles

SquawksNibbles Rollerblading along the road I Can't Stop Posting!

Kiera
    Love this update, love this bird, I just love everything about it! What a handsome fella! And I totally believe that this is the home he was meant to be in, and this is the bird you guys were meant to have. He definitely looks spoiled with his awesome playstand and great cage setup. I know I keep saying this, but :starshower1:CONGRATS! :starshower1:

6. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Robin
    That is amazing! It is such a joy to be loved by a Tiel. He sounds like quite the little man:swoon:

7. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Vendor I Can't Stop Posting!

Tanya
    Wow! What a wonderful update.

8. Just-passn-thru

Just-passn-thru Rollerblading along the road

Suzanne
    I just read this thread from beginning to end :reading: what a journey it has been :joyful: I'm so happy that you gave it your all , the best thing's in life don't always come easy. With resolve and support from the kind members here on the Avenue to help you see it through , makes the task- at- hand, that much more meaningful. All is well! :hug8:
    I wish for you and Hercules many happy years together

BigSkyMT, Tiel Feathers, Eloy and 3 others like this.
  9. BigSkyMT

Hercules Update-

Hercules is my main man! He has brought so much joy into our lives! I finally got him harness trained, not to say he doesn't enjoy me putting it on him lol. But once I get it on him, I take him outside immediately. He absolutely loves it outside! He rides on my shoulder during walks, bike rides, and i bring him on the golf course. My husband has a golf membership at the country club right by our house. I pack a backpack full of his essentials ( water, treats & toys) I take my own cart & we just cruise along following my husband. He has no fear of noises or even hitting a few bumps. You can imagine I turn a lot of heads on the green with my little yellow bird riding around on the golf cart. Now I can take him almost anywhere. He is now officially accepting head scitches from my husband as well. They finally bonded. He is out of his cage all day long when I am home & I just cannot stop adding to his play area. I added a pic of his new window perch. He loves sitting right by the glass, staring at the ducks & geese outside. He will fly to me on command anywhere in the house & always has to be on me no matter what I'm doing, dishes, sweeping, laundry. He joins us for every meal & when it's bedtime he let's me know. He is the most adorable, affectionate, loving little bird. I love him so very much & couldn't imagine our loves without him. I added a few pics of us golfing, riding bikes & his new window perch that his absolutely loves. Hope you all enjoy! Thank you all again for all your help & advice! I will keep updating as time goes on!

Any bird can be tamed with love & patience!

Attached Files:

Monica, Eloy, Tiel Feathers and 6 others like this.
  10. txdyna65

txdyna65 Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue

Kenny
    Great update, that is one spoiled and beautiful birdie :)

11. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Robin
    All I can say is AMAZING!!!:swoon: You have done such a great job and I just LOVE seeing handsome Herculed flourishing and happy!

12. SquawksNibbles

SquawksNibbles Rollerblading along the road I Can't Stop Posting!

Kiera
    :heart: He is too cute and seems to be doing very well! You have done very well for him. There was no better home for him. :hug8:

And he is too cute with his little harness on. So neat that you can take him with you, I’m sure he enjoys that quite a bit and it can be a great way to get him even more used to other people and surroundings. My birds would HATE me if I tried harness training them.

Keep it up and you will have many more wonderful years with little Hercules. :)

Eloy, TikiMyn, BigSkyMT and 1 other person like this.
  13. LSA

LSA Sprinting down the street I Can't Stop Posting!

Leslie
    I just have to throw in my comments. First of all, conures can be very difficult! You've done such a wonderful job with Hercules! You should be proud!
    My bff Chloe was the shy, quiet sibling that concerned us all. It didn't take long before everybody, bird or human, was her best friend. We were together 19+ years.
    May you and your husband have a long and good relationship with Hercules! Just like with all children, there are easy times and hard times. You love them through both! Again, congratulations! :fairy2:

BigSkyMT, Eloy, TikiMyn and 1 other person like this.
  14. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Deanna
    That’s so wonderful that you can take him out like that! I wish I could harness train my birds. You’ve done really well with that little cutie!:heart:

15. BirdManDan

BirdManDan Jogging around the block Vendor I Can't Stop Posting!

Dan
    [​IMG] BigSkyMT & Hubby! [​IMG][​IMG] THE [​IMG].
    I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE AVENUE!! WE'RE A BUNCH OF ANIMAL LOVERS HERE!! HOPE YOU FIT RIGHT IN!!

BooBooGuisewit likes this.
  16. BirdManDan

Dan
    Any bird can be tamed if done correctly! You should not have any issues if you put the time in. You only get out of it what you put into it. jenniferlopez1-2x.jpg download (13).jpeg

BigSkyMT and BooBooGuisewit like this.
  17. tka

tka Sprinting down the street

This is such a lovely update - thank you for sharing it with us. It's wonderful to see both Hercules' and your confidence develop, and it sounds like you're both having a fantastic time and enjoying each others' company!

TikiMyn, SquawksNibbles and Eloy like this.
  18. zoo mom

zoo mom Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Elaine
    Awesome update.

BigSkyMT and SquawksNibbles like this.
  19. BigSkyMT

Thank you all for your replies!

If I may suggest to those who wish they could harness train thier beloved feather friends, I highly recommend the Aviator Harness. I bought mine online. It was around $40 but it is priceless being able to take him outside without fear of him flying away. The Aviator Harness came with a DVD explaining how to slowly make them comfortable with the harness. It shows how they make them, how to train your bird & also has a lot of extras on the bird shows. Not sure if you guys are familiar with the Parrot Wizard, but he is amazing & I have learned so much from his youtube channel. He is also in the DVD. It took a lot of time & patience & a few bites from Hercules, but now he is getting used to it. It is a struggle getting it on him, he hates getting it on & off, but the moment I get it on him, I immediately take him outside, so he knows this thing sucks but going outside is so much fun. I encourage everyone to try it. It took a few months for Hercules, but was so worth it. Thanks again for all your help & advice. I hope this inspires others to try the Aviator Harness & get your babies outside!

God bless!

SquawksNibbles and Tiel Feathers like this.
  20. BirdManDan

Dan

My birds are free flighted and I used the aviator for a couple of them but free flight is so much better! If flight training is done correctly with excellent recall, there is no need to worry about them flying off! The main thing is to make sure the flying conditions and location is safe. If you don't want to put in the time to get them free flighted then the harness is pretty good alternative although quite a bit more restrictive!

BigSkyMT likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)