• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Someone is mighty happy...

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Your frog is very cute! What temperature do you have his tank at?
It's like a spectrum, with a cooler side and a warmer side. I have the thermometer on the cool side, at around 75. The warm side is usually more like 80. The humidity never goes lower than 70%. He has a heat pad on the warm side, and I have a dome lamp (a clamp lamp with the clamp removed) with a small incandescent bulb in it. 2/3rds of the lid are covered on the inside with saran wrap (to keep the humidity in and prevent the screen from rusting and rust getting in the tank) and on the outside with foil.

I have about 2 inches of hydroball substrate for drainage of excess water, covered in plastic mesh, with about 2 inches of sphagnum moss on top. The tank has a built-in drain as well as sliding glass doors on the front, which is really nice. Lots of fake plants for cover (he doesn't use hides, he never has except for terracotta pots) and 2 water bowls (one very shallow, and one a bit deeper for longer soaks).

His tank has the footprint of a 29-gallon, which I know is big for a pacman, but it had the built-in drain and front access, and I was tired of the tiny 10 gallon he was in as a baby.

FluffyFeathers

Checking out the neighborhood
My lizard's favorite worms were waxworms, not healthy all the time but as a treat was fine. I've had tarantulas not eat roaches but eat crickets and vice versa. Anything they'll eat is better than nothing. It helps when you have family members that bred roaches though.
:cheer:

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Glad he ate once :)
I know the struggle. My geckos go through periods of time when it's a struggle to get them to eat. They will easily go 1-2 weeks (I watch them closely to make sure their body condition is still okay). It's a celebration every time we get them to eat, lol! Our female just came out of one of these funks and I am very happy.

I've recently been interested in getting a pacman frog, but don't really know much about their care. My leopard geckos are pretty low-maintenance and I like that.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Glad he ate once :)
I know the struggle. My geckos go through periods of time when it's a struggle to get them to eat. They will easily go 1-2 weeks (I watch them closely to make sure their body condition is still okay). It's a celebration every time we get them to eat, lol! Our female just came out of one of these funks and I am very happy.

I've recently been interested in getting a pacman frog, but don't really know much about their care. My leopard geckos are pretty low-maintenance and I like that.
They're really low maintenance! They don't need any UVB light or anything (you just dust their food really well) and as long as you clean every 2 weeks and make sure the humidity up, your good! I actually started looking up pacman frogs because I wanted a frog, but I could only have a ten-gallon tank. Pacman frogs do really well in 10 gals, but for me that ended up becoming a 29 gallon with a drain and sliding doors! My baby is spoiled and he knows it! :lol:I think I'd love to have Australian green tree frogs one day, they seem like great fun. A Beardie would be pretty cool too, a local pet store has one that had to have a front paw (claw? hand?) amputated but he's a big cutie! They need a lot of care that I don't know if I'd be able to provide though. I also like toads, I like how grumpy they look. I think if it were up to me I'd have one of everything!:lol:

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
He ate today as well, 8 days. 1 worm, I had to get him to open his mouth, and he started to try and push it out, but then he ate it anyway. I think he was probably figuring "well, it's already in my mouth and I can't be bothered to take it out... Screw it, I'll eat it!" :lol: This one had his dusting powder on it, so that's good.