• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Someone is mighty happy...

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)

He'll get fed later today! I cleaned his moss earlier and right after I cleaned his flat water bowl (he has 1 flat one and 1 deeper one for soaking) he pooped in it, so I had to clean it again. Now he's happy and sleepy :)

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
This is just so cute, look how puffy he is:rofl: I love it:heart:

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Thanks y'all :)

Pacman frogs (or perhaps pacmen?) are basically mouths with legs, and they love to eat. They're sit-and-wait predators, so they sit, wait for something to come along (a bug, a worm, rodents, or even other frogs) and go for it. So he'll go dig a hole, and I'll have to dig him up to check on him or to feed him. :lol:Sometimes he'll fall asleep out in the open, and sometimes he'll fall asleep in his water bowl! He likes to sleep :) but sometimes he'll hop over and stare at me, there's been times when I've woken up to a froggy face up against the glass! :hehe: He'll watch TV sometimes too :roflmao:

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
He looks so happy and comfy. :)

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
He looks very happy!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
He's so cute! What's his name?
Fuzzgig! I named him after a character in the movie "The Dark Crystal", which is basically a fuzzy ball will giant pointy teeth. ONly 8 months later did realize the characters name was Fizzgig! I think Fuzzgig sounds better anyway.
-----------------------------

Fuzzgig has decided it is time for bed!

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Fuzzgig! I named him after a character in the movie "The Dark Crystal", which is basically a fuzzy ball will giant pointy teeth. ONly 8 months later did realize the characters name was Fizzgig! I think Fuzzgig sounds better anyway.
-----------------------------

Fuzzgig has decided it is time for bed!

Oh, that's right! I read that somewhere else here before. He is too cute!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I tried feeding him tonight, but he wouldn't take it. I tried force-feeding him, I got his mouth open and put in a worm twice but he pulled it out. I'll try again tomorrow, otherwise we'll be taking him to the vet (first visit too).

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I tried feeding him tonight, but he wouldn't take it. I tried force-feeding him, I got his mouth open and put in a worm twice but he pulled it out. I'll try again tomorrow, otherwise we'll be taking him to the vet (first visit too).
Hope he eats tomorrow!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
We put a smaller bulb on the tank light, we're getting him another 2 plants (silk) and I'll be covering the 2 sides (I already hand-painted the background) so maybe he'll feel more secure and ready to eat? I'll try just about anything at this point.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I tried to feed the frog, he wouldn't take it. I tried force feeding, I got a worm fully in his mouth, I even tried to keep his mouth closed like you do when you're giving a dog medicine, but he still spits it out. We got him a smaller bulb, 2 new plants, and fresh moss to see if that helps. He's taking a soak in his soaking bowl right now. I'm an idiot who forgot that the vet isn't open on Sundays, so I'll try one more time tomorrow, offer crickets and if he still won't eat, we'll call the vet. The longest time I've seen recommended as a feeding interval is 10 days, and today is day 9.