• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Someone Got a Shiny New Stainless Steel Cage!

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
It’s been years of longing, and I finally found an affordable one! It’s a pretty significant size downgrade, BUT Silas has been favoring his 18x18 travel cage over his big cage for the last few months, and with his condition likely eventually manifesting as neurological issues, I wanted something smaller. He immediately went in this one and made googley eyes and ‘happy beak’ and I think he already loves it. Plus, we took down his whole bird room and moved his cage out into the main living area (where he’s MUCH happier), and the old one was way too big for the spot we needed it to fit. Best part: this was only $559 (590 with tax)! It retails for over $1300! I’m still kind of in shock at what a good deal I got.

P.S. I’m not finished setting up the interior yet—I just threw a few perches and toys in for the night but will do more tomorrow. Just had to take pics so I could share!

16EFD9BF-C302-4A5A-8DE3-72918A2FC761.jpeg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
OHH I so love SS cages.....I will keep dreaming while checking pics of yours out lol.

Such a good thing that Silas took a shine to it straight away. I am happy for you that it was not only cheaper than normal but that it is a winner with Silas.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I Really love SS cages too. I got mine used but it's so much easier to clean. Congratulations on getting one!! I hope you love it as much as I love mine :heart:

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a gorgeous cage at an excellent price! Looks like a really nice play top I see up there too!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Very nice!

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Looks great!

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
I had went to a bird show years ago when we had cockatiels. I was able to get a huge cage for about that price. Now I wish I had not given it away.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
That is awesome! You really got a bargain!!!