• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Somebody was on a mission today.

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
That's exactly what she was thinking too. After shredding the styrofoam insulation and kicking it out of there. I wasn't giving her a site so she decided to make one.

She seems quite pleased with her progress. Guessing it might be related to that canoodling awhile back?

(Curiosity question... why not a nest box full of plastic eggs so she has something to fuss over and incubate for awhile? Does it make her/him extra territorial or is there another reason why you prefer to not provide a site?)

Last edited:

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
That picture of her is the most adorable mug shot ever. She seems to thinking: I regret NOTHING!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
She seems quite pleased with her progress. Guessing it might be related to that canoodling awhile back?

(Curiosity question... why not a nest box full of plastic eggs so she has something to fuss over and incubate for awhile? Does it make her/him extra territorial or is there another reason why you prefer to not provide a site?)

They're always canoodling. No difference there.

She has just finished sitting on 4 fakes about a month ago. She wasn't really building a nest. She was just making holes in the wall. She's not "acting" nesty. Just a voracious chewer. :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think she was set up. No one with that sweet of a face could do anything bad. ;)

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
It's a darn good thing you get some wood for free , ay?....Amanda would need to buy stocks for Home Depot, OR you would be homeless....:lol:

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lol! Whoopsies! But my favorite pic was the one with a bunch of plexiglass patches :wideyed:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:scared1: Yikes!! I'm lucky my guys aren't big chewers
Doesn't have to be big. I almost had a heart attack yesterday when I realized that one of my two foster budgies had pulled a bird version of "This Old House" and had opened a hole in the drywall big enough to pull stuff out of and for her to climb in to. Sky didn't like the fact that I called Fred over to put up some hard plastic over the opening to avoid further "renovation attempts".

Attachments