• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some Toys Your Caiques Would DIE without?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ming-Ming

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
I'm looking for some toys (Foot toys especially) that I can give Douglas!

I'm really looking for toys that I can let him play with out of cage on my bed (so something not messy) but I'd also love to see your caique's favourite toys inside their cage too!

Pics and links please :)

iggysbirds

Real Name
Stephanie
I don't have any caiques currently but from our customers and from past experience the assortments work really well. Like the medium assortment on this page Toys for Feet - Iggy's Bird Toys or the medium Christmas or winter assortment on the seasonal page Seasonal Toys - Iggy's Bird Toys We do customize if there is something you definitely don't like in the mix or something you definitely do like:)

Kathy N

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Elwood loves to play with strips of leather. I buy different, bird safe. sizes, cut short lengths, and make loose knots which he then works feverishly at unknoting. I also punch a hole through wider strips and hang them on the cage near his favorite perches. He uses them to clean his beak, or just to squeeze them to make squeeky noises with. I also run a wooden bead through a length, knot it at both ends and make a little barbell foot toy. Did I mention Woody likes leather. :)

Another big favorite is a cat ball with a bell in it. You know, those little wiffle/waffle balls with the bell inside that they sell for cats? My budgie loves them too. I told the manager of the Petland near me and she gave one to her lovebird and her bird loved it as well. You can use them loose as a foot toy, or hang them. Either way, they're fun.

I don't remember where I got this last one. Maybe Choppers Toys or Greyfeathers. It is a little multicolor dinosaur puzzle. It is put together to form a little 3-D dinosaur toy, but comes apart into pieces. Elwood loves taking it apart.

His favorite toy is me. :hehe:

I'm looking forward to see what other people come up with. It's not easy trying to stay a step ahead of a caique in the entertainment department.

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Rosco's ALL about The Busy.

Erm...you can tell why my toys are busy then (to appease the Rosco within) ;)

He likes the toys where he can gnaw the Dino heads off best for some reason.

FLmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Kai could never live without leather strips and wood. He also loves whiffle balls. His all time fav is the whiffle ball I tied to a leather strip and hung from his cage. He goes crazy on that thing daily. He likes to play on a Blanket with lots of balls and water bottle lids and wet pieces of paper. He also likes straws a lot.

TSwift

Meeting neighbors
My two WBC's would die without their tent that they sleep in at night. I make my own toys, so i can't specify, but they LOVE their toys with leather, Popsicle sticks, and Chinese paper finger traps. Their favorite foot toy is a small pine wood black that has leather through the middle of it with two knots tied at each end. One of my caiques also loves her boing and they both seem to like bells.

Status
Not open for further replies.