1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some recent parrot visitors

Discussion in 'Bird Watchers Road' started by LunaLovebird, 4/16/17.

1. LunaLovebird

LunaLovebird Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award Shutterbugs' Best

I've noticed a few new birdy guests in my back yard since returning home.

A very beautiful little King parrot:

image.jpeg

And a small cockatoo family. I only got a picture of one of them. Based on the begging noises he was letting out, I'd say this one is a baby / juvenile, and the other two his parents. I thought it was super cute. The sulphur crested cockatoos are so fearless compared to the galahs and lorikeets. They'll let me come right out to them to put another seed stick out, or to give them some vegetables.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2. DQTimnehs

DQTimnehs Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs! Super Moderator Auction Director Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jennifer
    Beautiful! :)

faislaq and Animallover03 like this.
  3. Lwalker

Lwalker Rollerblading along the road

Lori
    I have never seen a King Parrot. They are stunning.

faislaq likes this.
  4. EllaMay

EllaMay Rollerblading along the road

April
    Beautiful!

5. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    That is a great way to be welcomed home!

faislaq likes this.
  6. jmfleish

jmfleish Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Premium Vendor Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jen
    More please!:)

faislaq and Sarahmoluccan like this.
  7. LunaLovebird

LunaLovebird Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award Shutterbugs' Best

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

8. jmfleish

jmfleish Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Premium Vendor Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jen
  9. LunaLovebird

Some old ones I've posted before.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

10. jmfleish

Jen
    OMG! I would kill to see these birds in my backyard! Love the Lories and the Little Corellas! How totally cool! Of course the Galahs are just gorgeous! Are they truly as big of clowns as everyone says they are? Mine say crazy things in my house and do silly things I suppose but I would love to see t hem in the wild!

11. zoo mom

zoo mom Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Elaine
    Beautiful back yard visitors.

12. theocnoob

theocnoob Jogging around the block Avenue Veteran

Pablo and George
    I'm going to guess that you live in Australia :D. Lovely place. Lovely wildlife. The 600 kg spiders and 3 billion species of venomous snakes give me pause, though.

Perriewinkle and Patty Girl like this.
  13. Just-passn-thru

Just-passn-thru Rollerblading along the road

Suzanne
    What a thrill ! to see them in the wild . :fairy:

14. LunaLovebird

I haven't fed them in a few weeks (I like to keep it irregular so they don't become dependant on it), but we still get them visiting from time to time. On the weekend I cut up an apple for the lorikeets and a corn cob for the toos, which was much appreciated. The sulphur cockatoos started becoming regulars when they discovered the delights of an overgrown passion fruit vine. They absolutely love passion fruit, turns out.

They mostly keep to themselves. Mostly.

15. nu2birds

nu2birds Walking the driveway

Kurt
    It must be great living in a climate where you get to watch parrots living naturally in your own back yard.

16. LunaLovebird

They're great fun to watch. The lorikeets and sulphur toos are especially fun, because they're very inquisitive and clownish. The lorikeets always amaze me with how much they're willing to fight to have things their own way. I watched one of them bluff a pair of sulphurs just yesterday so they'd let him have a bowl of seeds to his self. I'm always worried one of the toos will attack them when they do that, but they pretty much always back off.

rockybird likes this.
  17. Laylatoo

Laylatoo Strolling the yard

Amazing! I don't think I'd ever leave my yard if I lived there. Thanks for sharing!

18. Perriewinkle

Perriewinkle Jogging around the block

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing..

I should be ashamed that this is the only reason I'd want to visit? (I melt in warm weather and I am a homebody)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)