• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some recent parrot visitors

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I've noticed a few new birdy guests in my back yard since returning home.

A very beautiful little King parrot:

image.jpeg

And a small cockatoo family. I only got a picture of one of them. Based on the begging noises he was letting out, I'd say this one is a baby / juvenile, and the other two his parents. I thought it was super cute. The sulphur crested cockatoos are so fearless compared to the galahs and lorikeets. They'll let me come right out to them to put another seed stick out, or to give them some vegetables.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I have never seen a King Parrot. They are stunning.

EllaMay

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
Beautiful!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is a great way to be welcomed home!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
OMG! I would kill to see these birds in my backyard! Love the Lories and the Little Corellas! How totally cool! Of course the Galahs are just gorgeous! Are they truly as big of clowns as everyone says they are? Mine say crazy things in my house and do silly things I suppose but I would love to see t hem in the wild!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful back yard visitors.

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
I'm going to guess that you live in Australia :D. Lovely place. Lovely wildlife. The 600 kg spiders and 3 billion species of venomous snakes give me pause, though.

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I haven't fed them in a few weeks (I like to keep it irregular so they don't become dependant on it), but we still get them visiting from time to time. On the weekend I cut up an apple for the lorikeets and a corn cob for the toos, which was much appreciated. The sulphur cockatoos started becoming regulars when they discovered the delights of an overgrown passion fruit vine. They absolutely love passion fruit, turns out.

I'm going to guess that you live in Australia :D. Lovely place. Lovely wildlife. The 600 kg spiders and 3 billion species of venomous snakes give me pause, though.
They mostly keep to themselves. Mostly.

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
It must be great living in a climate where you get to watch parrots living naturally in your own back yard.

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
It must be great living in a climate where you get to watch parrots living naturally in your own back yard.
They're great fun to watch. The lorikeets and sulphur toos are especially fun, because they're very inquisitive and clownish. The lorikeets always amaze me with how much they're willing to fight to have things their own way. I watched one of them bluff a pair of sulphurs just yesterday so they'd let him have a bowl of seeds to his self. I'm always worried one of the toos will attack them when they do that, but they pretty much always back off.

Perriewinkle

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing..

I should be ashamed that this is the only reason I'd want to visit? (I melt in warm weather and I am a homebody)